1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Home Network

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by denmarfl, Sep 14, 2009.

  1. denmarfl

    denmarfl Guest

    Running Vista Home prem 32bit. I have a Home network and I can print from my
    Laptop to the printer connected to my desktop...the printer is a shared
    printer. I tried to copy some files from my desktop into the Public Folder
    so I could open that file on my Laptop and see the piuctures..I get "You need
    Permission to do this". I am signed on as an administrator......so why would
    I get this message? I did logon to the Shared User acct.....as well...got
    the same message.

    So what must I do to move data\pictures from my Desktop into the Public
    Folder.....so I can view them from my Laptop?
     
  2. denmarfl wrote:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Running Vista Home prem 32bit. I have a Home network and I can print from my
    > Laptop to the printer connected to my desktop...the printer is a shared
    > printer. I tried to copy some files from my desktop into the Public Folder
    > so I could open that file on my Laptop and see the piuctures..I get "You need
    > Permission to do this". I am signed on as an administrator......so why would
    > I get this message? I did logon to the Shared User acct.....as well...got
    > the same message.
    >
    > So what must I do to move datapictures from my Desktop into the Public
    > Folder.....so I can view them from my Laptop?<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    You're not administrator with full-rights on the out of the box admin
    account that Vista gives you.

    The one is the link is the only administrator account that has full-rights.

    <http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/enable-the-hidden-administrator-account-on-windows-vista/>
     

Share This Page