1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Hijacked

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by LMO, Jul 2, 2009.

  1. LMO

    LMO Guest

    Aloha all.
    Many of my searches in IE get hijacked to places like "Coupon Mountain."
    etc. When
    I do a search, and click on a site, I'm sent to one of these engines instead
    of the site I wanted. If I go back to the search, then click on the wanted
    site again, I am then sent to the correct site, but many of my first clicks
    end up hijacked to one of these unwanted engines.
    I do weekely spy cleaning and virus cleanings. Is this problem on the net,
    or something on my PC (Vista)? If the latter, anything I can do about it?
    I asked this on the IE NG, but got no replies.
    Thanks!
     
  2. Randem

    Randem Guest

  3. Spirit

    Spirit Guest

  4. Alias

    Alias Guest

    LMO wrote:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Aloha all.
    > Many of my searches in IE get hijacked to places like "Coupon Mountain."
    > etc. When
    > I do a search, and click on a site, I'm sent to one of these engines
    > instead
    > of the site I wanted. If I go back to the search, then click on the wanted
    > site again, I am then sent to the correct site, but many of my first clicks
    > end up hijacked to one of these unwanted engines.
    > I do weekely spy cleaning and virus cleanings. Is this problem on the net,
    > or something on my PC (Vista)? If the latter, anything I can do about it?
    > I asked this on the IE NG, but got no replies.
    > Thanks!
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    The problem is that you're using Windows, a very virus and hijacking
    prone operating system. Why don't you move up to a real operating system
    that doesn't require anti virus or anti malware applications? I would
    recommend Ubuntu because it's so user friendly. It's FREE and comes with
    access to thousands of FREE programs. Once you install it, you'll never
    have to WASTE your time dealing with this crap again. Get it at
    . You'll be glad you did. If you need help with
    installing Ubuntu, just email me.

    Alias
     
  5. Malke

    Malke Guest

    LMO wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Aloha all.
    > Many of my searches in IE get hijacked to places like "Coupon Mountain."
    > etc. When
    > I do a search, and click on a site, I'm sent to one of these engines
    > instead of the site I wanted. If I go back to the search, then click on
    > the wanted site again, I am then sent to the correct site, but many of my
    > first clicks end up hijacked to one of these unwanted engines.
    > I do weekely spy cleaning and virus cleanings. Is this problem on the net,
    > or something on my PC (Vista)? If the latter, anything I can do about it?
    > I asked this on the IE NG, but got no replies.
    > Thanks!<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Then whatever you are doing for cleaning isn't working because you are still
    infected.

    Go through the preparatory work here:



    Then scan with either Malwarebytes' Anti-malware or SuperAntispyware.

    When all else fails, get guided help. Choose one of the specialty forums
    listed at the first link. Register and read its posting FAQ. PLEASE DO NOT
    POST LOGS IN THE MS NEWSGROUPS.

    If you can't do the work yourself (and there is no shame in admitting this
    isn't your cup of tea), take the machine to a professional computer repair
    shop (not your local equivalent of BigComputerStore/GeekSquad). Please be
    aware that not all local shops are skilled at removing malware and even if
    they are, your computer may be so infested that Windows will need to be
    clean-installed. If possible, have all your data backed up before you take
    the machine into a shop.

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP
    Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
     
  6. Saucy

    Saucy Guest

    Use Internet Options found in the Control Panel [and through Tools on IE's
    menu].

    First clear the browser's cache / history / Temporary Internet files etc.
    completely.

    Check what is your actual homepage.

    Check what plug-ins are installed and running (BHOs etc.) and turn off any
    suspicious.

    Make sure your browser's Internet Security zone to at least medium-high
    [note: that if you set it too high such as to fully Restricted, many sites
    will not work].

    Make sure your anti-spyware isn't spyware itself. There's lots of bogus
    stuff out there. Use a known-good anti-spyware and anti-virus e.g. Grisoft's
    AVG, or Avast!, Microsoft's own Windows Defender etc. etc.



    Then run your known-good anti-spyware and anti-virus.

    If this doesn't work, take Malke's advice.

    What would I do if I found my browser hijacked? To be honest, I'd freak and
    reinstall Windows - but that's just me and I've taken the time to make
    harddrive images etc. etc.

    Saucy



    "LMO" <lmo01@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:h2hn0e$v4r$1@aioe.org...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Aloha all.
    > Many of my searches in IE get hijacked to places like "Coupon Mountain."
    > etc. When
    > I do a search, and click on a site, I'm sent to one of these engines
    > instead
    > of the site I wanted. If I go back to the search, then click on the wanted
    > site again, I am then sent to the correct site, but many of my first
    > clicks
    > end up hijacked to one of these unwanted engines.
    > I do weekely spy cleaning and virus cleanings. Is this problem on the net,
    > or something on my PC (Vista)? If the latter, anything I can do about it?
    > I asked this on the IE NG, but got no replies.
    > Thanks!
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  7. Over Easy

    Over Easy Guest

    "Alias" <iamaliasTAKETHIS@OUTgmail.com> wrote in message
    news:h2i2gr$5t4$1@news.eternal-september.org...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > LMO wrote:<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> Aloha all.
    >> Many of my searches in IE get hijacked to places like "Coupon Mountain."
    >> etc. When
    >> I do a search, and click on a site, I'm sent to one of these engines
    >> instead
    >> of the site I wanted. If I go back to the search, then click on the
    >> wanted
    >> site again, I am then sent to the correct site, but many of my first
    >> clicks
    >> end up hijacked to one of these unwanted engines.
    >> I do weekely spy cleaning and virus cleanings. Is this problem on the
    >> net,
    >> or something on my PC (Vista)? If the latter, anything I can do about it?
    >> I asked this on the IE NG, but got no replies.
    >> Thanks!
    >><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > The problem is that you're using Windows, a very virus and hijacking prone
    > operating system. Why don't you move up to a real operating system that
    > doesn't require anti virus or anti malware applications? I would recommend
    > Ubuntu because it's so user friendly. It's FREE and comes with access to
    > thousands of FREE programs. Once you install it, you'll never have to
    > WASTE your time dealing with this crap again. Get it at<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <SNIP DISGUSTING LINK> You'll be glad you did. If you need help with<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > installing Ubuntu, just email me.
    >
    > Alias<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    You never seem to understand the problem. I would imagine with all that
    money you claim to get, you could afford a tutor to help with your reading
    comprehension issues.

    The OP stated that he has problems with VISTA. That means he is most likely
    using programs written for the Windows Operating System. He doesn't want or
    need that INFERIOR OS Ubuntu that NOBODY else wants.

    He needs to get the issue fixed. If he dumped Vista for that Piece of Crap
    Ubuntu, then he wouldn't get to do any work you PUTZ.

    Remove your head from your ass and pay attention. Maybe you should go to
    the Ubuntu forums and help out those sorry sacks who believe they have a
    cool OS when in reality they are getting screwed.
     
  8. Over Easy

    Over Easy Guest

    "JEWboy" <Nojunkmetalblade@nojunkprodigy.net> wrote in message
    news:umiSDhy%23JHA.5040@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Get:
    > a) PCTools SPYWARE DOCTOR (made in Ireland)
    > [​IMG] Symantec NortonAntivirus
    ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Norton Antivirus is a piece of crap and shouldn't be used. Norton is
    BLOATED and slows down your system. Figures you are a retard so Norton is
    perfect for yourself, but for others, there are better alternatives.

    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > These have served me for years, ocne I also was hijacked, fixed by Spyware
    > Doctor (not by Norton).<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Figures. You have no clue how your computer works.
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > If you're running IE older than IE*, maybe it's time to upgrade, in this
    > process your hijacked might get killed by th eupgrade process, but maybe
    > not...
    > In any case Spyware Doctor is now not a newcomer, but an established
    > leader in killing things similar to hijacking, etc and rmeember while it
    > costs, nothing good is free, I pay EVERY YEAR and not sorry.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    You should pay because you are an IDIOT. If you used AVAST it would be FREE
    but you should take the little money you do seem to earn at your menial job
    and pay for Norton.
     
  9. Alias

    Alias Guest

    Over Easy wrote:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > "Alias" <iamaliasTAKETHIS@OUTgmail.com> wrote in message
    > news:h2i2gr$5t4$1@news.eternal-september.org...<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> LMO wrote:<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>> Aloha all.
    >>> Many of my searches in IE get hijacked to places like "Coupon Mountain."
    >>> etc. When
    >>> I do a search, and click on a site, I'm sent to one of these engines
    >>> instead
    >>> of the site I wanted. If I go back to the search, then click on the
    >>> wanted
    >>> site again, I am then sent to the correct site, but many of my first
    >>> clicks
    >>> end up hijacked to one of these unwanted engines.
    >>> I do weekely spy cleaning and virus cleanings. Is this problem on the
    >>> net,
    >>> or something on my PC (Vista)? If the latter, anything I can do about it?
    >>> I asked this on the IE NG, but got no replies.
    >>> Thanks!
    >>><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >> The problem is that you're using Windows, a very virus and hijacking prone
    >> operating system. Why don't you move up to a real operating system that
    >> doesn't require anti virus or anti malware applications? I would recommend
    >> Ubuntu because it's so user friendly. It's FREE and comes with access to
    >> thousands of FREE programs. Once you install it, you'll never have to
    >> WASTE your time dealing with this crap again. Get it at<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > <SNIP DISGUSTING LINK> You'll be glad you did. If you need help with<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> installing Ubuntu, just email me.
    >>
    >> Alias<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > You never seem to understand the problem. I would imagine with all that
    > money you claim to get, you could afford a tutor to help with your reading
    > comprehension issues.
    >
    > The OP stated that he has problems with VISTA. That means he is most likely
    > using programs written for the Windows Operating System. He doesn't want or
    > need that INFERIOR OS Ubuntu that NOBODY else wants.
    >
    > He needs to get the issue fixed. If he dumped Vista for that Piece of Crap
    > Ubuntu, then he wouldn't get to do any work you PUTZ.
    >
    > Remove your head from your ass and pay attention. Maybe you should go to
    > the Ubuntu forums and help out those sorry sacks who believe they have a
    > cool OS when in reality they are getting screwed.
    >
    >
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Hey Polly, want a cracker?

    Alias
     
  10. Peter Foldes

    Peter Foldes Guest

  11. JEWboy

    JEWboy Guest

    Get:
    a) PCTools SPYWARE DOCTOR (made in Ireland)
    [​IMG] Symantec NortonAntivirus

    These have served me for years, ocne I also was hijacked, fixed by Spyware
    Doctor (not by Norton).

    If you're running IE older than IE*, maybe it's time to upgrade, in this
    process your hijacked might get killed by th eupgrade process, but maybe
    not...
    In any case Spyware Doctor is now not a newcomer, but an established leader
    in killing things similar to hijacking, etc and rmeember while it costs,
    nothing good is free, I pay EVERY YEAR and not sorry.
     
  12. Frank

    Frank Guest

    Alias wrote:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Over Easy wrote:<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> "Alias" <iamaliasTAKETHIS@OUTgmail.com> wrote in message
    >> news:h2i2gr$5t4$1@news.eternal-september.org...<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>> LMO wrote:
    >>>> Aloha all.
    >>>> Many of my searches in IE get hijacked to places like "Coupon
    >>>> Mountain." etc. When
    >>>> I do a search, and click on a site, I'm sent to one of these engines
    >>>> instead
    >>>> of the site I wanted. If I go back to the search, then click on the
    >>>> wanted
    >>>> site again, I am then sent to the correct site, but many of my first
    >>>> clicks
    >>>> end up hijacked to one of these unwanted engines.
    >>>> I do weekely spy cleaning and virus cleanings. Is this problem on
    >>>> the net,
    >>>> or something on my PC (Vista)? If the latter, anything I can do
    >>>> about it?
    >>>> I asked this on the IE NG, but got no replies.
    >>>> Thanks!
    >>>>
    >>> The problem is that you're using Windows, a very virus and hijacking
    >>> prone operating system. Why don't you move up to a real operating
    >>> system that doesn't require anti virus or anti malware applications?
    >>> I would recommend Ubuntu because it's so user friendly. It's FREE and
    >>> comes with access to thousands of FREE programs. Once you install it,
    >>> you'll never have to WASTE your time dealing with this crap again.
    >>> Get it at<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >> <SNIP DISGUSTING LINK> You'll be glad you did. If you need help with<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>> installing Ubuntu, just email me.
    >>>
    >>> Alias<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >>
    >> You never seem to understand the problem. I would imagine with all
    >> that money you claim to get, you could afford a tutor to help with
    >> your reading comprehension issues.
    >>
    >> The OP stated that he has problems with VISTA. That means he is most
    >> likely using programs written for the Windows Operating System. He
    >> doesn't want or need that INFERIOR OS Ubuntu that NOBODY else wants.
    >>
    >> He needs to get the issue fixed. If he dumped Vista for that Piece of
    >> Crap Ubuntu, then he wouldn't get to do any work you PUTZ.
    >>
    >> Remove your head from your ass and pay attention. Maybe you should go
    >> to the Ubuntu forums and help out those sorry sacks who believe they
    >> have a cool OS when in reality they are getting screwed.
    >>
    >>
    >><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > Hey Polly, want a cracker?<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Is that what you say to babba your male lover?
     
  13. Over Easy

    Over Easy Guest

    "Alias" <iamaliasTAKETHIS@OUTgmail.com> wrote in message
    news:h2ioaq$r5c$3@news.eternal-september.org...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > The nymshifter pulls out his trusty ad hominem when totally refuted.
    > Boring.
    >
    > Alias<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >><!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    You think after all this time your posts are helpful? NOPE. Most think you
    are annoying and to tell the truth you are. You are just stuck for
    something to do. Pretty sad - You have to troll here to try to get people
    interested in that INFERIOR OS Ubuntu that NOBODY wants. Pathetic.
     
  14. milt

    milt Guest

    Over Easy wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > You never seem to understand the problem. I would imagine with all that
    > money you claim to get, you could afford a tutor to help with your reading
    > comprehension issues.
    ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    No, the troll understands it perfectly. However, since he is a troll, he
    is trolling the newsgroup, which is, of course, to mention that crappy
    OS Ubuntu and how its supposedly so superior. Just killfile his lame
    assand let him go on playing with his hobby OS while the rest of us can
    get REAL work done.
     
  15. DanS

    DanS Guest

    Frank <fb@fuk.you> wrote in news:4a4ce0f5$1@news.x-privat.org:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> Your lack of reading comprehension skills is raising it's ugly head
    >> again, sport. *Microsoft* says IE is a part of the OS, not Dan. In
    >> fact, it's their main argument for not removing it when they try to
    >> squirm out of being fined by the EU.
    >>
    >> Alias<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > Oh that's really funny, seeing as how W7 for Europe won't have any
    > browser in it!...LOL!
    > Try another argument LIAR!<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    We're not talking about Windows7 here.

    You need to try another argument.
     
  16. Frank

    Frank Guest

    DanS wrote:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Frank <fb@fuk.you> wrote in news:4a4ce0f5$1@news.x-privat.org:
    > <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>> Your lack of reading comprehension skills is raising it's ugly head
    >>> again, sport. *Microsoft* says IE is a part of the OS, not Dan. In
    >>> fact, it's their main argument for not removing it when they try to
    >>> squirm out of being fined by the EU.
    >>>
    >>> Alias<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >> Oh that's really funny, seeing as how W7 for Europe won't have any
    >> browser in it!...LOL!
    >> Try another argument LIAR!<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > We're not talking about Windows7 here.
    >
    > You need to try another argument.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Give it up dan-o, your argument fell apart first word.
     
  17. Saucy

    Saucy Guest

    UNIX and UNIX clones can be compromised and even rooted. Your suggestion
    that just by switching to another OS instant security is gained is utterly
    bogus.

    Saucy
     
  18. Over Easy

    Over Easy Guest

    "JEWboy" <Nojunkmetalblade@nojunkprodigy.net> wrote in message
    news:OtE1Hiz%23JHA.4900@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > It slows you down in 2 cases:
    > 1) You don't set its setting sproperly
    > 2) You don't disable real-time proection after you're done working in
    > dangerous environment.
    >
    > If you know what to disable after you're done scanning/working in
    > red-alert zone, don't criticize the best AV in the world.
    > This thing brough my system from the grave after a severe attack at work
    > thru stupid boss's DSL box... the only thing that fixed my system with
    > 80GB of semi-government & military designs.
    >
    > Learn how to use things.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    You think Norton is the best? Figures. AVAST, AVG, or NOD is much better.
    You are just crippled. Have been reading your posts. Stay away from
    computers.
     
  19. Over Easy

    Over Easy Guest

    "JEWboy" <Nojunkmetalblade@nojunkprodigy.net> wrote in message
    news:%233u29lz%23JHA.200@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Why do you bother responding to an obvious lamea** homo pedo unemployed
    > piece of riubbish that keeps reacting to anything he deems to be his area
    > of expertise?
    >
    > Leave the morn to himself. You're better than spending time on him... he
    > will come back and call you a moron s, what? Morons usualy have
    > double0-vision and suspect everyone's like them.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Oops. You are slipping. You are the MORON.
     
  20. Over Easy

    Over Easy Guest

    "JEWboy" <Nojunkmetalblade@nojunkprodigy.net> wrote in message
    news:Ole7zkz%23JHA.1340@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > the only free things that's better than paid for things, are out of my a*
    > hole
    > If you need, please enquire within.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    In reality, the only thing your a_hole is good for is making sure your head
    stays in.
     

Share This Page