1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

hidden files?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by teenee60, Sep 14, 2009.

  1. teenee60

    teenee60 Guest

    Hi, can anyone help,i have this problem that i cant download,or find my
    downloaded files.
    I had this problem before,and the answer was to tick show hidden files
    & folders.That is still ticked.
    I noticed when i had to download a email attachment.It looks like it
    has downloaded,to my desktop,but its not there.It does go pretty
    quickly.
    I do a search and all i find is a shortcut in;
    AppData>Roaming>windows>recent
    I have uninstalled ie 8,& now have ie 7.i have antivira.
    I hope i have given enough info.
    Thanks


    --
    teenee60
    Posted via
     
  2. Peter Foldes

    Peter Foldes Guest

    Disable your AV from scanning in and outgoing emails by uninstalling your Anti Virus
    and re-installing it without the email integration(scanning) option.



    --
    Peter

    Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
    Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.

    "teenee60" <teenee60.3yir8d@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message
    news:teenee60.3yir8d@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > Hi, can anyone help,i have this problem that i cant download,or find my
    > downloaded files.
    > I had this problem before,and the answer was to tick show hidden files
    > & folders.That is still ticked.
    > I noticed when i had to download a email attachment.It looks like it
    > has downloaded,to my desktop,but its not there.It does go pretty
    > quickly.
    > I do a search and all i find is a shortcut in;
    > AppData>Roaming>windows>recent
    > I have uninstalled ie 8,& now have ie 7.i have antivira.
    > I hope i have given enough info.
    > Thanks
    >
    >
    > --
    > teenee60
    > Posted via
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  3. teenee60

    teenee60 Guest

    Peter Foldes;1559362 Wrote: <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Disable your AV from scanning in and outgoing emails by uninstalling
    > your Anti Virus
    > and re-installing it without the email integration(scanning) option.
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Peter
    >
    > Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
    > Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.
    >
    > "teenee60" <teenee60.3yir8d@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
    > message
    > news:teenee60.3yir8d@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    > >
    > > Hi, can anyone help,i have this problem that i cant download,or find<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > my<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    > > downloaded files.
    > > I had this problem before,and the answer was to tick show hidden<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > files<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    > > & folders.That is still ticked.
    > > I noticed when i had to download a email attachment.It looks like it
    > > has downloaded,to my desktop,but its not there.It does go pretty
    > > quickly.
    > > I do a search and all i find is a shortcut in;
    > > AppData>Roaming>windows>recent
    > > I have uninstalled ie 8,& now have ie 7.i have antivira.
    > > I hope i have given enough info.
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > >
    > > --
    > > teenee60
    > > Posted via
    > ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    I have uninstalled antivirus.
    AppData>Roaming>microsoft>windows>recent are all shortcuts
    in Appdata properties, attributes hidden was selected, i have now
    un-ticked it.
    When anything downloads it is quite fast,a few seconds.


    --
    teenee60
    Posted via
     

Share This Page