1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with Re-install of Vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by diamonds, Sep 8, 2009.

  1. diamonds

    diamonds Guest

    Hello all,
    I could really use some help. I had to take my laptop in to be
    recovered because for reasons unknown my system was completely wiped
    out.

    I am running on Windows XP right now. I had Windows Vista Business when
    I purchased the pc which is a Acer Travelmate 5520-5678. The recovery
    disk only had windows XP. Is there anyway possiable to get the Windows
    Vista Business back without having to purchase it since it was already
    installed on my PC? I have my key code but I the recovery disk only had
    Windows XP like I said. PLEASE help if you can?


    --
    diamonds
     
  2. diamonds wrote:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Hello all,
    > I could really use some help. I had to take my laptop in to be
    > recovered because for reasons unknown my system was completely wiped
    > out.
    >
    > I am running on Windows XP right now. I had Windows Vista Business when
    > I purchased the pc which is a Acer Travelmate 5520-5678. The recovery
    > disk only had windows XP. Is there anyway possiable to get the Windows
    > Vista Business back without having to purchase it since it was already
    > installed on my PC? I have my key code but I the recovery disk only had
    > Windows XP like I said. PLEASE help if you can?
    >
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Contact the computer's manufacturer to obtain the proper Recovery Disk
    for the OS that you purchased with the computer.


    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:




    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
    safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ~Benjamin Franklin

    Many people would rather die than think; in fact, most do. ~Bertrand Russell

    The philosopher has never killed any priests, whereas the priest has
    killed a great many philosophers.
    ~ Denis Diderot
     
  3. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Does the Acer have a recovery partition?

    "Bruce Chambers" <bchambers@cable0ne.n3t> wrote in message
    news:O%23%23PTiOMKHA.4004@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > diamonds wrote:<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> Hello all,
    >> I could really use some help. I had to take my laptop in to be
    >> recovered because for reasons unknown my system was completely wiped
    >> out. I am running on Windows XP right now. I had Windows Vista Business
    >> when
    >> I purchased the pc which is a Acer Travelmate 5520-5678. The recovery
    >> disk only had windows XP. Is there anyway possiable to get the Windows
    >> Vista Business back without having to purchase it since it was already
    >> installed on my PC? I have my key code but I the recovery disk only had
    >> Windows XP like I said. PLEASE help if you can?
    >>
    >><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > Contact the computer's manufacturer to obtain the proper Recovery Disk for
    > the OS that you purchased with the computer.
    >
    >
    > --
    >
    > Bruce Chambers
    >
    > Help us help you:
    >
    >
    >

    >
    > They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
    > safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ~Benjamin Franklin
    >
    > Many people would rather die than think; in fact, most do. ~Bertrand
    > Russell
    >
    > The philosopher has never killed any priests, whereas the priest has
    > killed a great many philosophers.
    > ~ Denis Diderot <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  4. kword88

    kword88 Guest

    have you tried contacting acer?


    --
    kword88
     

Share This Page