1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting Gspot listed in 'All Programs'

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by species8350, Sep 9, 2009.

  1. species8350

    species8350 Guest

    Hi,

    How can I get Gspot listed in 'All Programs'

    Thanks
     
  2. Malke

    Malke Guest

    species8350 wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Hi,
    >
    > How can I get Gspot listed in 'All Programs'<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Right-click on the Start Orb and left-click on Explore All Users. This will
    give you the All Users Start Menu. Open up another explorer window (Computer
    for instance) and navigate to Gspot's folder in Program Files. Find its
    executable and right-click/drag to the Start Menu. Release the right mouse
    button and choose "Create shortcut here".

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP
    Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
     
  3. Andy Huang

    Andy Huang Guest

    Why do you ask?
     
  4. species8350

    species8350 Guest

    On Sep 9, 1:09 pm, Malke <ma...@invalid.invalid> wrote:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > species8350 wrote:<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    > > Hi,<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    > > How can I get Gspot listed in 'All Programs'<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > Right-click on the Start Orb and left-click on Explore All Users. This will
    > give you the All Users Start Menu. Open up another explorer window (Computer
    > for instance) and navigate to Gspot's folder in Program Files. Find its
    > executable and right-click/drag to the Start Menu. Release the right mouse
    > button and choose "Create shortcut here".
    >
    > Malke
    > --
    > MS-MVP
    > Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Thanks for the information.

    I tried your method. But at the final stage, I got the message that
    Windows cannot create a shortcut here, and it offered to make a
    shortcut to the desktop. I declined this offer.

    Thanks
     
  5. Malke

    Malke Guest

    species8350 wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > On Sep 9, 1:09 pm, Malke <ma...@invalid.invalid> wrote:<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> species8350 wrote:<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >> > Hi,<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >> > How can I get Gspot listed in 'All Programs'<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >>
    >> Right-click on the Start Orb and left-click on Explore All Users. This
    >> will give you the All Users Start Menu. Open up another explorer window
    >> (Computer for instance) and navigate to Gspot's folder in Program Files.
    >> Find its executable and right-click/drag to the Start Menu. Release the
    >> right mouse button and choose "Create shortcut here".<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > Thanks for the information.
    >
    > I tried your method. But at the final stage, I got the message that
    > Windows cannot create a shortcut here, and it offered to make a
    > shortcut to the desktop. I declined this offer.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Try doing that method into this directory:
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP
    Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
     
  6. Here's what Malke wrote on 9/10/09:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > species8350 wrote:<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> On Sep 9, 1:09 pm, Malke <ma...@invalid.invalid> wrote:<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>> species8350 wrote:
    >>>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>>> How can I get Gspot listed in 'All Programs'
    >>>
    >>> Right-click on the Start Orb and left-click on Explore All Users. This
    >>> will give you the All Users Start Menu. Open up another explorer window
    >>> (Computer for instance) and navigate to Gspot's folder in Program Files.
    >>> Find its executable and right-click/drag to the Start Menu. Release the
    >>> right mouse button and choose "Create shortcut here".<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >>
    >> Thanks for the information.
    >>
    >> I tried your method. But at the final stage, I got the message that
    >> Windows cannot create a shortcut here, and it offered to make a
    >> shortcut to the desktop. I declined this offer.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Try doing that method into this directory:
    > C:programDataMicrosoftWindowsStart Menu<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Malke<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Or just go ahead & create the shortcut on the desktop and then drag it
    to the Start Menu...

    --
    Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com
     
  7. species8350

    species8350 Guest

    On Sep 10, 7:44 pm, Gene E. Bloch <lett...@someplace.invalid> wrote:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >  Here's what Malke wrote on 9/10/09:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    > > species8350 wrote:<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > >> On Sep 9, 1:09 pm, Malke <ma...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
    > >>> species8350 wrote:
    > >>>> Hi,<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > >>>> How can I get Gspot listed in 'All Programs'<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > >>> Right-click on the Start Orb and left-click on Explore All Users. This
    > >>> will give you the All Users Start Menu. Open up another explorer window
    > >>> (Computer for instance) and navigate to Gspot's folder in Program Files.
    > >>> Find its executable and right-click/drag to the Start Menu. Release the
    > >>> right mouse button and choose "Create shortcut here".<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > >> Thanks for the information.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > >> I tried your method. But at the final stage, I got the message that
    > >> Windows cannot create a shortcut here, and it offered to make a
    > >> shortcut to the desktop. I declined this offer.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > > Try doing that method into this directory:
    > > C:programDataMicrosoftWindowsStart Menu
    > > Malke<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > Or just go ahead & create the shortcut on the desktop and then drag it
    > to the Start Menu...
    >
    > --
    > Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com- Hide quoted text -
    >
    > - Show quoted text -<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Thanks for the help

    Best wishes

    S
     

Share This Page