1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

folder "Access Denied" in Vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Steak Sammich, Aug 19, 2009.

  1. Hello hello

    I searched through some threads for info but haven't found much.

    Issue:
    I'm the only user of my laptop so i have admin priv

    when I go to access certain file folders such as My music, photos, videos or
    even documents!
    I dont understand.
    I can get into the command prompt but I dont know what to do from there. Is
    there a way to change or check on admin settings?
    I also troubleshooted through trying to change ownership settings of
    specific folders and it wont allow access even when I put myself as the
    administrator.
    The laptop is new and this has been happening since I installed everything
    and started using it.

    help!
    any info would be grateful!

    -Steak
     
  2. Rick Rogers

    Rick Rogers Guest

  3. Steve Young

    Steve Young Guest

    "Rick Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message
    news:eX8UmZTIKHA.4436@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Hi,
    >
    > "My" anything in Vista is a junction point that redirects software
    > requests to the real folder under the user profile. For instance, "My
    > Documents" is simply C:Users<user>Documents (without the "my" part).
    > There's nothing to access, and they are considered system files as they
    > are only there for compatibility with older software that expects those
    > directories to be there. Same applies for "Documents and Settings" which
    > merely redirects to C:Users.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Ah, that explains it.
    Adding 2 and 2 together, I'll bet the manufacturer of the laptop upgraded an
    XP operating system to Vista without starting fresh. I now realize this
    results in the convoluted file structure appearance. The reason I say this
    is because the appearance of the structure of a machine which had only Vista
    installed from the get go has not a 'my' file to be found and is as clean as
    a whistle in explorer. Certainly not so with the laptop. Thanks for your
    reply
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > --
    > Best of Luck,
    >
    > Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
    >
    > Windows help -

    > Vote for my shoe:
    <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > "Steak Sammich" <sjmscotts@bogus.com> wrote in message
    > news:eTU28pSIKHA.3708@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> Hello hello
    >>
    >> I searched through some threads for info but haven't found much.
    >>
    >> Issue:
    >> I'm the only user of my laptop so i have admin priv
    >>
    >> when I go to access certain file folders such as My music, photos, videos
    >> or even documents!
    >> I dont understand.
    >> I can get into the command prompt but I dont know what to do from there.
    >> Is there a way to change or check on admin settings?
    >> I also troubleshooted through trying to change ownership settings of
    >> specific folders and it wont allow access even when I put myself as the
    >> administrator.
    >> The laptop is new and this has been happening since I installed
    >> everything and started using it.
    >>
    >> help!
    >> any info would be grateful!
    >>
    >> -Steak
    >><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  4. Malke

    Malke Guest

    wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > "Rick Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message
    > news:eX8UmZTIKHA.4436@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> "My" anything in Vista is a junction point that redirects software
    >> requests to the real folder under the user profile. For instance, "My
    >> Documents" is simply C:Users<user>Documents (without the "my" part).
    >> There's nothing to access, and they are considered system files as they
    >> are only there for compatibility with older software that expects those
    >> directories to be there. Same applies for "Documents and Settings" which
    >> merely redirects to C:Users.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > Ah, that explains it.
    > Adding 2 and 2 together, I'll bet the manufacturer of the laptop upgraded
    > an XP operating system to Vista without starting fresh. I now realize this
    > results in the convoluted file structure appearance. The reason I say
    > this is because the appearance of the structure of a machine which had
    > only Vista installed from the get go has not a 'my' file to be found and
    > is as clean as a whistle in explorer. Certainly not so with the laptop.
    > Thanks for your reply<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Your assumption is incorrect. The reason you see the junction files on one
    machine and not the other is that on the machine where you see the files the
    option to show hidden files is checked and it isn't on the other one. The
    junction ("My....) virtual directories are part of every Vista installation.

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP
    Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
     
  5. Rick Rogers

    Rick Rogers Guest

    Hi,

    Actually, those are defaults for a clean install of Vista, not just an
    upgrade. If you can't see them, then your folder options are not set to see
    hidden and system files. If you alter the settings on that system, then I'm
    certain they will appear.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP

    Windows help -

    Vote for my shoe:


    "Steve Young" <bowtieATbrightdslDOTnet> wrote in message
    news:OHBahpUIKHA.6068@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > "Rick Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message
    > news:eX8UmZTIKHA.4436@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> "My" anything in Vista is a junction point that redirects software
    >> requests to the real folder under the user profile. For instance, "My
    >> Documents" is simply C:Users<user>Documents (without the "my" part).
    >> There's nothing to access, and they are considered system files as they
    >> are only there for compatibility with older software that expects those
    >> directories to be there. Same applies for "Documents and Settings" which
    >> merely redirects to C:Users.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > Ah, that explains it.
    > Adding 2 and 2 together, I'll bet the manufacturer of the laptop upgraded
    > an XP operating system to Vista without starting fresh. I now realize this
    > results in the convoluted file structure appearance. The reason I say
    > this is because the appearance of the structure of a machine which had
    > only Vista installed from the get go has not a 'my' file to be found and
    > is as clean as a whistle in explorer. Certainly not so with the laptop.
    > Thanks for your reply
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> --
    >> Best of Luck,
    >>
    >> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
    >>

    >> Windows help -

    >> Vote for my shoe:
    <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> "Steak Sammich" <sjmscotts@bogus.com> wrote in message
    >> news:eTU28pSIKHA.3708@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>> Hello hello
    >>>
    >>> I searched through some threads for info but haven't found much.
    >>>
    >>> Issue:
    >>> I'm the only user of my laptop so i have admin priv
    >>>
    >>> when I go to access certain file folders such as My music, photos,
    >>> videos or even documents!
    >>> I dont understand.
    >>> I can get into the command prompt but I dont know what to do from there.
    >>> Is there a way to change or check on admin settings?
    >>> I also troubleshooted through trying to change ownership settings of
    >>> specific folders and it wont allow access even when I put myself as the
    >>> administrator.
    >>> The laptop is new and this has been happening since I installed
    >>> everything and started using it.
    >>>
    >>> help!
    >>> any info would be grateful!
    >>>
    >>> -Steak
    >>><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  6. +Bob+

    +Bob+ Guest

    On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 07:35:43 -0400, "Rick Rogers" <rick@mvps.org>
    wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >Hi,
    >
    >Actually, those are defaults for a clean install of Vista, not just an
    >upgrade. If you can't see them, then your folder options are not set to see
    >hidden and system files. If you alter the settings on that system, then I'm
    >certain they will appear.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    .... and the common misconception that you can't do anything with the
    junction points is also incorrect. If you set the protections, you
    should be able to transverse any junction point - that's the very
    design of a junction point (foolish MS name for it though).
     
  7. Steve Young

    Steve Young Guest

    "Malke" <malke@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Your assumption is incorrect.
    > The reason you see the junction files on one
    > machine and not the other is that on the machine where you see the files
    > the option to show hidden files is checked and it isn't on the other one.
    > The junction ("My....) virtual directories are part of every Vista
    > installation.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    That's interesting, cause I'm geek enough that one of the first things I do
    with a new install is UN-hide hidden folders and extensions. Willing to
    fess up and take the hit, I checked in folder options 'view' and sure
    enough, the circle is marked that says 'show hidden files and folders'.
    Also the next box that says hide files for known file types is unchecked.
    My explorer structure is clean as a whistle.

    Perhaps it only hides those folders when an upgrade install
    is made?

    Steve Young
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Malke
    > --
    > MS-MVP
    > Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
    >
    ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  8. Steve Young

    Steve Young Guest

    "Rick Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message
    news:emfAcpYIKHA.3736@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Hi,
    >
    > Actually, those are defaults for a clean install of Vista, not just an
    > upgrade. If you can't see them, then your folder options are not set to
    > see hidden and system files. If you alter the settings on that system,
    > then I'm certain they will appear.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Not in my case here, they don't show.
    I have no 'my' folders visible with 'show hidden files and folders' marked

    Steve Young
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > --
    > Best of Luck,
    >
    > Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
    >
    > Windows help -

    > Vote for my shoe:
    <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  9. Steve Young

    Steve Young Guest

    "Steve Young" <bowtieATbrightdslDOTnet> wrote
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > "Rick Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Actually, those are defaults for a clean install of Vista, not just an
    >> upgrade. If you can't see them, then your folder options are not set to
    >> see hidden and system files. If you alter the settings on that system,
    >> then I'm certain they will appear.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Not in my case here, they don't show.
    > I have no 'my' folders visible with 'show hidden files and folders' marked<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    I checked the laptop and setting the view to hide hidden files and folders
    does indeed hide them. I rechecked the desktop unit, which had the clean
    install, and it makes no difference if I unhide them or not, in either case
    they doNOT display. I contend there is a difference with clean installing.

    Steve Young
     
  10. Here's what Steve Young wrote on 8/20/09:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > "Steve Young" <bowtieATbrightdslDOTnet> wrote<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> "Rick Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> Actually, those are defaults for a clean install of Vista, not just an
    >>> upgrade. If you can't see them, then your folder options are not set to
    >>> see hidden and system files. If you alter the settings on that system,
    >>> then I'm certain they will appear.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> Not in my case here, they don't show.
    >> I have no 'my' folders visible with 'show hidden files and folders' marked<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > I checked the laptop and setting the view to hide hidden files and folders
    > does indeed hide them. I rechecked the desktop unit, which had the clean
    > install, and it makes no difference if I unhide them or not, in either case
    > they doNOT display. I contend there is a difference with clean installing.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Steve Young<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Only for you :)

    Consider the other option, "Hide protected operating system files
    (recommended)". That one hides the "My ..." files for me.

    This is a clean install.

    --
    Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com
     
  11. Well thank you Sir. I truly appreciate the feedback and help.
    It was your suggestion/info ( "Hide protected operating system files<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > (recommended)".) that fixed this issue for me.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    -Steak

    "Gene E. Bloch" <letters@someplace.invalid> wrote in message
    news:e7wBrUcIKHA.4204@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Here's what Steve Young wrote on 8/20/09:<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> "Steve Young" <bowtieATbrightdslDOTnet> wrote<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>> "Rick Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>>> Hi,
    >>>>
    >>>> Actually, those are defaults for a clean install of Vista, not just an
    >>>> upgrade. If you can't see them, then your folder options are not set to
    >>>> see hidden and system files. If you alter the settings on that system,
    >>>> then I'm certain they will appear.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>> Not in my case here, they don't show.
    >>> I have no 'my' folders visible with 'show hidden files and folders'
    >>> marked<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> I checked the laptop and setting the view to hide hidden files and
    >> folders
    >> does indeed hide them. I rechecked the desktop unit, which had the clean
    >> install, and it makes no difference if I unhide them or not, in either
    >> case
    >> they doNOT display. I contend there is a difference with clean
    >> installing.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> Steve Young<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > Only for you :)
    >
    > Consider the other option, "Hide protected operating system files
    > (recommended)". That one hides the "My ..." files for me.
    >
    > This is a clean install.
    >
    > --
    > Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com
    >
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  12. Here's what Steak Sammich wrote on 8/20/09:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Well thank you Sir. I truly appreciate the feedback and help.
    > It was your suggestion/info ( "Hide protected operating system files<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> (recommended)".) that fixed this issue for me.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Glad to help. To tell the truth, I had to double check it here before
    writing my reply :)
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > -Steak<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > "Gene E. Bloch" <letters@someplace.invalid> wrote in message
    > news:e7wBrUcIKHA.4204@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> Here's what Steve Young wrote on 8/20/09:<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>> "Steve Young" <bowtieATbrightdslDOTnet> wrote<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>>> "Rick Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>>>> Hi,
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Actually, those are defaults for a clean install of Vista, not just an
    >>>>> upgrade. If you can't see them, then your folder options are not set to
    >>>>> see hidden and system files. If you alter the settings on that system,
    >>>>> then I'm certain they will appear.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>>> Not in my case here, they don't show.
    >>>> I have no 'my' folders visible with 'show hidden files and folders'
    >>>> marked<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>> I checked the laptop and setting the view to hide hidden files and folders
    >>> does indeed hide them. I rechecked the desktop unit, which had the clean
    >>> install, and it makes no difference if I unhide them or not, in either
    >>> case
    >>> they doNOT display. I contend there is a difference with clean
    >>> installing.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>> Steve Young<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >>
    >> Only for you :)
    >>
    >> Consider the other option, "Hide protected operating system files
    >> (recommended)". That one hides the "My ..." files for me.
    >>
    >> This is a clean install.
    >>
    >> -- Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com
    >>
    >> <!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    --
    Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com
     
  13. Steve Young

    Steve Young Guest

    "Gene E. Bloch" <letters@someplace.invalid> wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Here's what Steve Young wrote on 8/20/09:<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> I contend there is a difference with clean installing.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Only for you :)<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    I'm thinkin silly Billy built a special version for me [​IMG]
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Consider the other option, "Hide protected operating system files
    > (recommended)". That one hides the "My ..." files for me.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    That was the difference between the 2 machines, the laptop didn't have this
    box checked. Once checked, it doesn't matter if 'show hidden files and
    folders' is ticked or not. Both appear the same now

    Thank you folks!

    Steve Young
     
  14. Here's what Steve Young wrote on 8/20/09:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > "Gene E. Bloch" <letters@someplace.invalid> wrote:<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> Here's what Steve Young wrote on 8/20/09:<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>> I contend there is a difference with clean installing.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> Only for you :)<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > I'm thinkin silly Billy built a special version for me [​IMG]<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    It's so nice to have friends in high places!
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> Consider the other option, "Hide protected operating system files
    >> (recommended)". That one hides the "My ..." files for me.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > That was the difference between the 2 machines, the laptop didn't have this
    > box checked. Once checked, it doesn't matter if 'show hidden files and
    > folders' is ticked or not. Both appear the same now<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    :)
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Thank you folks!<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Steve Young<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    --
    Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com
     
  15. I have been reading this thread, and there is more going on here than
    just those simple check boxes in folder options.

    For example, I have two computers, a desktop with Vista 64 and a
    notebook with regular 32-bit Vista. Both are clean installs, the
    machines were delivered with Vista.

    On both computers, the option to show hidden files and folders are
    selected. On both computers, the options to hide extensions for known
    file types is NOT selected. And on both computers, the option to hide
    protected operating system files IS selected.

    On the notebook, I see the My ... (Pictures, Music, Videos) junction
    folders in the Documents folder. On the desktop I do not.

    If I toggle the option to hide protected operating system files OFF,
    then the desktop shows them also. Toggle it back on, and the junction
    folders disappear from the Documents folder on the desktop PC, as they
    should.

    However, on the notebook PC, no matter how those three settings are
    configured, the junction folders ALWAYS SHOW in the Documents folder.

    I don't really give a rat's ass, since I know what they are and I just
    ignore them. However, clearly there is some registry setting that can
    turn on the display on the junction folders in a way that you CANNOT
    turn it off with the methods described in this thread.

    So if you're following along, and you're having the same deal I am, do
    not think you're crazy. There is some setting in Vista that displays
    junction folders all the time. We just don't know what it is. [​IMG]


    --
    mark_in_florida
    Posted via
     
  16. +Bob+

    +Bob+ Guest

    On Mon, 7 Sep 2009 19:05:40 +0100, mark_in_florida
    <mark_in_florida.3y5og5@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >So if you're following along, and you're having the same deal I am, do
    >not think you're crazy. There is some setting in Vista that displays
    >junction folders all the time. We just don't know what it is. [​IMG]<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    And if you set the protections, you can look into them (i.e.
    transverse) them just like any other folder, that being the
    specifically intended use of junction points - despite what people
    here will tell you.
     

Share This Page