1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Explorer.exe hangs once when you first open it

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Dennis, Sep 5, 2009.

  1. Dennis

    Dennis Guest

    When I boot up this laptop and open any folder/driver, explorer.exe
    just sits there with a blank window. Clicking it causes windows to say
    it has stopped responding. When I restart it everything is fine, the
    problem does not repeat until the next reboot.

    I have done some googles without luck. I disabled DEP. I'm ready to
    reinstall soon unless anyone has a suggestion as to why this is
    happening? Below is the dump from the crash:



    Description
    A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

    Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
    Application Name: Explorer.EXE
    Application Version: 6.0.6001.18164
    Application Timestamp: 4907e242
    Hang Signature: b461
    Hang Type: 16897
    OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Hang Signature 1: 08a336e1adf14dab7025c756d3070e0d
    Additional Hang Signature 2: 45f4
    Additional Hang Signature 3: be29bd807a3da9a88e6e42f719744025
    Additional Hang Signature 4: b461
    Additional Hang Signature 5: 08a336e1adf14dab7025c756d3070e0d
    Additional Hang Signature 6: 45f4
    Additional Hang Signature 7: be29bd807a3da9a88e6e42f719744025

    Files that help describe the problem
    Version.txt
    AppCompat.txt
    Explorer.EXE.hu.kdmp
    Explorer.EXE.xml


    ......any thoughts?
     
  2. Mr.Pancks

    Mr.Pancks Guest

    "Dennis" <spliffeh@gmail.com> wrote in message
    news:e323d30a-94c8-476d-b39f-c6497d756083@y36g2000yqh.googlegroups.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > When I boot up this laptop and open any folder/driver, explorer.exe
    > just sits there with a blank window. Clicking it causes windows to say
    > it has stopped responding. When I restart it everything is fine, the
    > problem does not repeat until the next reboot.
    >
    > I have done some googles without luck. I disabled DEP. I'm ready to
    > reinstall soon unless anyone has a suggestion as to why this is
    > happening? Below is the dump from the crash:
    >
    >
    >
    > Description
    > A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.
    >
    > Problem signature
    > Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
    > Application Name: Explorer.EXE
    > Application Version: 6.0.6001.18164
    > Application Timestamp: 4907e242
    > Hang Signature: b461
    > Hang Type: 16897
    > OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
    > Locale ID: 1033
    > Additional Hang Signature 1: 08a336e1adf14dab7025c756d3070e0d
    > Additional Hang Signature 2: 45f4
    > Additional Hang Signature 3: be29bd807a3da9a88e6e42f719744025
    > Additional Hang Signature 4: b461
    > Additional Hang Signature 5: 08a336e1adf14dab7025c756d3070e0d
    > Additional Hang Signature 6: 45f4
    > Additional Hang Signature 7: be29bd807a3da9a88e6e42f719744025
    >
    > Files that help describe the problem
    > Version.txt
    > AppCompat.txt
    > Explorer.EXE.hu.kdmp
    > Explorer.EXE.xml
    >
    >
    > .....any thoughts?<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Sure.
    Go with your gut, reinstall.

    Backup your data, and if you want, get any drivers you may need and put them
    on a thumb drive.

    You can fiddle around for days trying to fix it...or just reinstall and in 3
    hours be done with it.
    Maybe less than 3 hours if you don't have much installed.
     
  3. Mr.Pancks

    Mr.Pancks Guest

    "Mr.Pancks" <pancks@bleedingheart.yard> wrote in message
    news:4aa25355$1@news.x-privat.org...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > "Dennis" <spliffeh@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > news:e323d30a-94c8-476d-b39f-c6497d756083@y36g2000yqh.googlegroups.com...<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> When I boot up this laptop and open any folder/driver, explorer.exe
    >> just sits there with a blank window. Clicking it causes windows to say
    >> it has stopped responding. When I restart it everything is fine, the
    >> problem does not repeat until the next reboot.
    >>
    >> I have done some googles without luck. I disabled DEP. I'm ready to
    >> reinstall soon unless anyone has a suggestion as to why this is
    >> happening? Below is the dump from the crash:
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> Description
    >> A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.
    >>
    >> Problem signature
    >> Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
    >> Application Name: Explorer.EXE
    >> Application Version: 6.0.6001.18164
    >> Application Timestamp: 4907e242
    >> Hang Signature: b461
    >> Hang Type: 16897
    >> OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
    >> Locale ID: 1033
    >> Additional Hang Signature 1: 08a336e1adf14dab7025c756d3070e0d
    >> Additional Hang Signature 2: 45f4
    >> Additional Hang Signature 3: be29bd807a3da9a88e6e42f719744025
    >> Additional Hang Signature 4: b461
    >> Additional Hang Signature 5: 08a336e1adf14dab7025c756d3070e0d
    >> Additional Hang Signature 6: 45f4
    >> Additional Hang Signature 7: be29bd807a3da9a88e6e42f719744025
    >>
    >> Files that help describe the problem
    >> Version.txt
    >> AppCompat.txt
    >> Explorer.EXE.hu.kdmp
    >> Explorer.EXE.xml
    >>
    >>
    >> .....any thoughts?<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > Sure.
    > Go with your gut, reinstall.
    >
    > Backup your data, and if you want, get any drivers you may need and put
    > them on a thumb drive.
    >
    > You can fiddle around for days trying to fix it...or just reinstall and in
    > 3 hours be done with it.
    > Maybe less than 3 hours if you don't have much installed.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Oh jeez...that stupid avast is scanning text messages!?!
    Can't wait until my regular AV supports Windows 7.
     

Share This Page