1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Error 31 about 6T04 WiFi adapter

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Patrick, Aug 31, 2009.

  1. Patrick

    Patrick Guest

    Hello,
    I obtain this error and try all I could see on the net, same in safe mode I
    can't desinstall it and I have read and try about msdn forums.This bore me
    since two month.
    Have you any idea please?
    I have Vista Home premium on a Dell inspiron 6400
    I thank you very much for your help in advance
    Patrick Artaud
    PS: excuse my bad English
     
  2. Peter Foldes

    Peter Foldes Guest

  3. Flavius

    Flavius Guest

    Peter Foldes;1125144 Wrote: <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > The only Error Code 31 that there is from Microsoft. Read all the way to
    > the bottom
    > to see Code 31
    >
    > The device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the
    > drivers required
    > for this device (Code 31).
    >
    > 'Your CD drive or DVD drive is missing or is not recognized by Windows
    > or other programs'
    > ()
    >
    > --
    > Peter
    >
    > Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
    > Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.
    >
    > "Patrick" <patrickartaud@xxxxxx> wrote in message
    > news:26BE39C2-B5F3-4851-8BC5-EAD46AC5BD02@xxxxxx> > > <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > > > Hello,
    > > > I obtain this error and try all I could see on the net, same in safe<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > > mode I can't<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > > > desinstall it and I have read and try about msdn forums.This bore me<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > > since two<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > > > month.
    > > > Have you any idea please?
    > > > I have Vista Home premium on a Dell inspiron 6400
    > > > I thank you very much for your help in advance
    > > > Patrick Artaud
    > > > PS: excuse my bad English > > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    This is not so simple thread as you think,for mostly devices you can't
    so simple remove driver filters like for DVD in KB314060 which you
    posted ,otherwise device will not work or even more you can harm whole
    system.Not all driver filters are wrong,although for network adapters
    shouldn't be also any filter driver in main network Class subkey. I'm
    not sure is really going on it would be also drivers or drivers entries
    corrupted -in second situation the best way is uninstalling very exactly
    drivers

    @PATRICK
    Navigate to key*
    HKEY_LOCALE_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

    *and check you have in this key phrases UpperFilters,LowerFilters ->if
    yes remove them +restart

    If it is another problem you have to completly remove drivers.Isn't
    working classic method through Control Panel>>Program and Features even
    in safe mode?If really have seriously trouble with unistalling driver
    you have to do manually.

    Run device manager find your network card and read driver and *.inf
    file are used by this card.Examples on my network adapter Ralink
    (attached images)
    'Imageshack - 55577595' (
    )
    'Imageshack - 77287758'
    (
    driver files you have
    to read providers ->if provider is Microsoft you can't touch driver and
    driver service -you can only remove non-system drivers (In my example I
    can remove only netr73.sys and Racoinst.dll because provider is
    Ralink,vwifibus.sys I have to leave it because provider of this file is
    MS)
    When you read neccasary details about device you can start remove
    drivers:
    1.The best way run system in safe mode and uninstall driver in device
    manager

    2.Next open regedit,find key
    *HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\-<driver name without
    extensions> -*and remove it
    (in my example the driver key will be
    HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\netr73)
    3.Next remove driver files (*.dll,*.sys) ,*.inf file relate to your
    device you can find in *C:\Windows\inf *folder,remove also *.PNF file in
    this folder which relate to your device,it is easy to detect -the name
    PNF file is the same for INF file (in my example INF file relate to
    Ralink is oem4.inf,so PNF file relate to Ralink is oem4.PNF).
    Remove also copy driver files,are located in
    *C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository *,find in this folder
    subfolder relate to your device (SYS file driver should point this
    subdirectory),you can also use any good external file manager for
    example Total Commander to find desired device driver in FileRepository
    folder -Remove the whole subfolder in which you'll find searched driver.


    --
    Flavius
     

Share This Page