1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

e-mail size

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Leo, Aug 30, 2009.

  1. Leo

    Leo Guest

    I am running vista 64 bits on a desktop. How do I reset the limit on size of
    e-mails that I can receive?
     
  2. Rick Rogers

    Rick Rogers Guest

    Hi,

    Tools/Message Rules/Mail, click on 'new' and scroll down to and enable
    'where the message size is more than size' and set the parameters on what
    the mail client should do with it.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP

    Windows help -

    Vote for my shoe:


    "Leo" <leokv2@xemaps.com> wrote in message
    news:BBFC125D-2AE8-439D-9A50-0625A8E7DA11@microsoft.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >I am running vista 64 bits on a desktop. How do I reset the limit on size
    >of e-mails that I can receive? <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  3. Leo

    Leo Guest

    I think this is what I remembered and was looking for but it does not solve
    the problem-it looks like the server is blocking the message attaschment. I
    get the message "NOTE: This message exceeded the maximum message size and
    has been truncated. Any attachments may be corrupt"" so it looks like the
    server is refusing to send it. Does anyone know what the max attachment size
    is for outlook express? I'm trying to receive messages of about 4 MB size.
    "Rick Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message
    news:O4E2gNdKKHA.4376@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Hi,
    >
    > Tools/Message Rules/Mail, click on 'new' and scroll down to and enable
    > 'where the message size is more than size' and set the parameters on what
    > the mail client should do with it.
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,
    >
    > Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
    >
    > Windows help -

    > Vote for my shoe:

    >
    > "Leo" <leokv2@xemaps.com> wrote in message
    > news:BBFC125D-2AE8-439D-9A50-0625A8E7DA11@microsoft.com...<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >>I am running vista 64 bits on a desktop. How do I reset the limit on size
    >>of e-mails that I can receive?<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  4. Rick Rogers

    Rick Rogers Guest

    Hi,

    It's not up to OE, it's your mail service that is limiting the size.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP

    Windows help -

    Vote for my shoe:


    "Leo" <leokv2@xemaps.com> wrote in message
    news:O6aFSklKKHA.4168@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >I think this is what I remembered and was looking for but it does not solve
    >the problem-it looks like the server is blocking the message attaschment. I
    >get the message "NOTE: This message exceeded the maximum message size and
    >has been truncated. Any attachments may be corrupt"" so it looks like the
    >server is refusing to send it. Does anyone know what the max attachment
    >size is for outlook express? I'm trying to receive messages of about 4 MB
    >size.
    > "Rick Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message
    > news:O4E2gNdKKHA.4376@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Tools/Message Rules/Mail, click on 'new' and scroll down to and enable
    >> 'where the message size is more than size' and set the parameters on what
    >> the mail client should do with it.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Best of Luck,
    >>
    >> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
    >>

    >> Windows help -

    >> Vote for my shoe:

    >>
    >> "Leo" <leokv2@xemaps.com> wrote in message
    >> news:BBFC125D-2AE8-439D-9A50-0625A8E7DA11@microsoft.com...<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>>I am running vista 64 bits on a desktop. How do I reset the limit on size
    >>>of e-mails that I can receive?<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  5. Leo

    Leo Guest

    I agree so how do I get windows mail to allow attachments up to 10MB
    "Rick Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message
    news:uhPoT%23pKKHA.4608@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Hi,
    >
    > It's not up to OE, it's your mail service that is limiting the size.
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,
    >
    > Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
    >
    > Windows help -

    > Vote for my shoe:

    >
    > "Leo" <leokv2@xemaps.com> wrote in message
    > news:O6aFSklKKHA.4168@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >>I think this is what I remembered and was looking for but it does not
    >>solve the problem-it looks like the server is blocking the message
    >>attaschment. I get the message "NOTE: This message exceeded the maximum
    >>message size and has been truncated. Any attachments may be corrupt"" so
    >>it looks like the server is refusing to send it. Does anyone know what the
    >>max attachment size is for outlook express? I'm trying to receive messages
    >>of about 4 MB size.
    >> "Rick Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message
    >> news:O4E2gNdKKHA.4376@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> Tools/Message Rules/Mail, click on 'new' and scroll down to and enable
    >>> 'where the message size is more than size' and set the parameters on
    >>> what the mail client should do with it.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Best of Luck,
    >>>
    >>> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
    >>>

    >>> Windows help -

    >>> Vote for my shoe:

    >>>
    >>> "Leo" <leokv2@xemaps.com> wrote in message
    >>> news:BBFC125D-2AE8-439D-9A50-0625A8E7DA11@microsoft.com...
    >>>>I am running vista 64 bits on a desktop. How do I reset the limit on
    >>>>size of e-mails that I can receive?
    >>><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  6. John Galt

    John Galt Guest

    "Leo" <leokv2@xemaps.com> wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >I agree so how do I get windows mail to allow attachments up to 10MB<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Windows Mail is NOT your mail service, it's your mail CLIENT.

    Your mail SERVICE is probably provided by your ISP.

    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >"Rick Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message
    >news:uhPoT%23pKKHA.4608@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> It's not up to OE, it's your mail service that is limiting the size.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Best of Luck,
    >>
    >> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
    >>
    >> Windows help -

    >> Vote for my shoe:

    >>
    >> "Leo" <leokv2@xemaps.com> wrote in message
    >> news:O6aFSklKKHA.4168@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>>I think this is what I remembered and was looking for but it does not
    >>>solve the problem-it looks like the server is blocking the message
    >>>attaschment. I get the message "NOTE: This message exceeded the maximum
    >>>message size and has been truncated. Any attachments may be corrupt"" so
    >>>it looks like the server is refusing to send it. Does anyone know what the
    >>>max attachment size is for outlook express? I'm trying to receive messages
    >>>of about 4 MB size.
    >>> "Rick Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message
    >>> news:O4E2gNdKKHA.4376@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
    >>>> Hi,
    >>>>
    >>>> Tools/Message Rules/Mail, click on 'new' and scroll down to and enable
    >>>> 'where the message size is more than size' and set the parameters on
    >>>> what the mail client should do with it.
    >>>>
    >>>> --
    >>>> Best of Luck,
    >>>>
    >>>> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
    >>>>

    >>>> Windows help -

    >>>> Vote for my shoe:

    >>>>
    >>>> "Leo" <leokv2@xemaps.com> wrote in message
    >>>> news:BBFC125D-2AE8-439D-9A50-0625A8E7DA11@microsoft.com...
    >>>>>I am running vista 64 bits on a desktop. How do I reset the limit on
    >>>>>size of e-mails that I can receive?
    >>>>
    >>><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >> <!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  7. Rick Rogers

    Rick Rogers Guest

    Again, it's not the mail client (Outlook Express or Windows Mail) that is
    imposing the limitation, it is your mail provider or ISP.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP

    Windows help -

    Vote for my shoe:


    "Leo" <leokv2@xemaps.com> wrote in message
    news:6217EFE5-728A-4691-805C-BD29BED0EDDF@microsoft.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >I agree so how do I get windows mail to allow attachments up to 10MB
    > "Rick Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message
    > news:uhPoT%23pKKHA.4608@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> It's not up to OE, it's your mail service that is limiting the size.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Best of Luck,
    >>
    >> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
    >>

    >> Windows help -

    >> Vote for my shoe:

    >>
    >> "Leo" <leokv2@xemaps.com> wrote in message
    >> news:O6aFSklKKHA.4168@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>>I think this is what I remembered and was looking for but it does not
    >>>solve the problem-it looks like the server is blocking the message
    >>>attaschment. I get the message "NOTE: This message exceeded the maximum
    >>>message size and has been truncated. Any attachments may be corrupt"" so
    >>>it looks like the server is refusing to send it. Does anyone know what
    >>>the max attachment size is for outlook express? I'm trying to receive
    >>>messages of about 4 MB size.
    >>> "Rick Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message
    >>> news:O4E2gNdKKHA.4376@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
    >>>> Hi,
    >>>>
    >>>> Tools/Message Rules/Mail, click on 'new' and scroll down to and enable
    >>>> 'where the message size is more than size' and set the parameters on
    >>>> what the mail client should do with it.
    >>>>
    >>>> --
    >>>> Best of Luck,
    >>>>
    >>>> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
    >>>>

    >>>> Windows help -

    >>>> Vote for my shoe:

    >>>>
    >>>> "Leo" <leokv2@xemaps.com> wrote in message
    >>>> news:BBFC125D-2AE8-439D-9A50-0625A8E7DA11@microsoft.com...
    >>>>>I am running vista 64 bits on a desktop. How do I reset the limit on
    >>>>>size of e-mails that I can receive?
    >>>>
    >>><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     

Share This Page