1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Drive Icons in My computer

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Alto, Sep 13, 2009.

  1. Alto

    Alto Guest

    I have just noticed that, in "My computer", icons for drives that are
    shared have a liitle symbol showing two heads next to the actual drive
    icon.

    Has this always been so (meaning I have very unobservant) or is it the
    result of an update?


    --
    Alto
    Central Coast
    NSW Australia
     
  2. Brink

    Brink Guest

    Hello Alto,

    Yes, this is normal for any file, folder, or drive that you set to be
    shared. It's just a icon overlay to indicate to you that it is shared.

    Hope this helps,
    Shawn

    Alto;1134753 Wrote: <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > I have just noticed that, in "My computer", icons for drives that are
    > shared have a liitle symbol showing two heads next to the actual drive
    > icon.
    >
    > Has this always been so (meaning I have very unobservant) or is it the
    > result of an update?
    >
    >
    > --
    > Alto
    > Central Coast
    > NSW Australia<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->


    --
    Brink

    '*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience*'
    ()
    *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask
    them.*
    '*Windows 7 Forums*' (
    )
    '*Windows Vista Forums*' (
    )

    *Please post feedback to help others.*
     
  3. On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 11:58:31 +1000, Alto <alto@invalid.invalid> wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > I have just noticed that, in "My computer", icons for drives that are
    > shared have a liitle symbol showing two heads next to the actual drive
    > icon.
    >
    > Has this always been so (meaning I have very unobservant) or is it the
    > result of an update?<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->


    Yes, it's standard and not new.

    --
    Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
    Please Reply to the Newsgroup
     
  4. Alto

    Alto Guest

    On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 11:58:31 +1000, Alto <alto@invalid.invalid> wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >I have just noticed that, in "My computer", icons for drives that are
    >shared have a liitle symbol showing two heads next to the actual drive
    >icon.
    >
    >Has this always been so (meaning I have very unobservant) or is it the
    >result of an update?<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Thanks to Shawn and Ken for replies.

    Seems like it has always been that way - I can't believe I didn't see
    it before!!

    Cheers ........................


    --
    Alto
    Central Coast
    NSW Australia
     
  5. Brink

    Brink Guest

    You're welcome Alto. No worries, it's always the little things that we
    do not notice.

    Alto;1135583 Wrote: <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 11:58:31 +1000, Alto <alto@newsgroup> wrote:<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > > > >
    > > >I have just noticed that, in "My computer", icons for drives that are
    > > >shared have a liitle symbol showing two heads next to the actual drive
    > > >icon.
    > > >
    > > >Has this always been so (meaning I have very unobservant) or is it the
    > > >result of an update? > > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > Thanks to Shawn and Ken for replies.
    >
    > Seems like it has always been that way - I can't believe I didn't see
    > it before!!
    >
    > Cheers ........................
    >
    >
    > --
    > Alto
    > Central Coast
    > NSW Australia<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->


    --
    Brink

    '*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience*'
    ()
    *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask
    them.*
    '*Windows 7 Forums*' (
    )
    '*Windows Vista Forums*' (
    )

    *Please post feedback to help others.*
     

Share This Page