1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

disconnect external leaves me with a blue screen

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by bread_voter, Sep 3, 2009.

  1. bread_voter

    bread_voter Guest

    When I disconnect my external drive via the safely remove hardware icon I
    end up with a blue screen. I am currently using vista 64 bit operating
    system.

    Thanks
     
  2. "bread_voter" <bread_voter@toast.com> wrote in message news:ejHg3PMLKHA.5992@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > When I disconnect my external drive via the safely remove hardware icon I
    > end up with a blue screen. I am currently using vista 64 bit operating
    > system.
    >
    > Thanks
    ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    One of the 8-28-09 updates did this to you.
    Uninstall all of these updates and then download them again, one at a time, until you find the one.

    Fix recommended by Dell support and worked.
    I have not yet found out which of these updates was the bad one, and it may have been just a bad installation.
    only affects 64 bit OS.
     
  3. bread_voter

    bread_voter Guest

    Thanks Richard in AZ I tried what you suggested but I still get a blue
    screen.



    "Richard in AZ" <me@mailinator.com> wrote in message
    news:%23jVJ4tMLKHA.4316@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
    "bread_voter" <bread_voter@toast.com> wrote in message
    news:ejHg3PMLKHA.5992@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > When I disconnect my external drive via the safely remove hardware icon I
    > end up with a blue screen. I am currently using vista 64 bit operating
    > system.
    >
    > Thanks
    ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    One of the 8-28-09 updates did this to you.
    Uninstall all of these updates and then download them again, one at a time,
    until you find the one.

    Fix recommended by Dell support and worked.
    I have not yet found out which of these updates was the bad one, and it may
    have been just a bad installation.
    only affects 64 bit OS.
     

Share This Page