1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

desktop icons and applications

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by John Goche, Sep 5, 2009.

  1. John Goche

    John Goche Guest

    Hello,

    I want to have two desktop icons that open a web page
    when clicked. However I want one of the icons to be
    opened with internet explorer and the other one
    with firefox. Is this setup possible and how can
    I achieve it under Windows Vista Home Premium?
    I have tried right clicking on each web shortcut icon
    to see if I could set the application to open the web
    link with on an individual basis but didn't find anything
    pertinent.

    I would like the two desktop icons of the same type
    to be opened with different browsers upon double clicking
    on them.

    Any help with this operation would be greatly appreciated,

    Thanks,

    John Goche
     
  2. Dave

    Dave Guest

  3. John Goche

    John Goche Guest

Share This Page