1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

computer wont stay in standby

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by dc_2009, Aug 29, 2009.

  1. dc_2009

    dc_2009 Guest

    Ok I have a wierd problem. Usually people want to get their computer to
    go to sleep or get their keyboard to wake up from sleep. Well my
    problem is that all devices other than my keyboard are set NOT to wake
    computer up from sleep but when I sleep my keyboard automatically wakes
    it up.

    Can anyone help me figure out why my keyboard keeps waking up my
    computer automatically. Its a Dell SK-8135. I just want to be able to
    send my computer to sleep and wake it with the keyboard under normal
    situations.


    --
    dc_2009
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    dc_2009's Profile:
    View this thread:


     
  2. krazyl

    krazyl Guest

    Have you tried a different keyboard??


    --
    krazyl

    [image:
     
  3. dc_2009

    dc_2009 Guest

    Yes, actually, I tried with my Logitech and my friends keyboard. All of
    them usb. Same thing happens everytime. I send my computer to sleep
    mode and after a second it clicks back on without touching a single key.


    --
    dc_2009
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    dc_2009's Profile:
    View this thread:


     
  4. Farley

    Farley Guest

    dc_2009 wrote:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Yes, actually, I tried with my Logitech and my friends keyboard. All of
    > them usb. Same thing happens everytime. I send my computer to sleep
    > mode and after a second it clicks back on without touching a single key.
    >
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Maybe it's not the keyboard waking it up. Could be other devices set to
    wake it up too. Like mouse, wake on lan detection, other USB devices
    etc. You need to disable everything except keyboard to be able to wake
    it up and then see if it still happens. If you go into device manager
    and then to USB you can set which ports can wake the computer. Wake on
    Lan is set in the mb bios.
     
  5. Brink

    Brink Guest

  6. dc_2009

    dc_2009 Guest

    @Farley, I've already disabled everything but my keyboard and even
    double checked that. Again, my keyboard is the *only* thing able to
    wake my computer other than the power button from standby.

    @Brink, I've already gone through that list, that is how I was able to
    enable waking my computer with the keyboard to begin with because before
    that it was disabled in my motherboards BIOS.


    --
    dc_2009
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    dc_2009's Profile:
    View this thread:


     
  7. dc_2009

    dc_2009 Guest

    Bump. Anyone else care to help?


    --
    dc_2009
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    dc_2009's Profile:
    View this thread:


     
  8. krazyl

    krazyl Guest

    Try changing to ur mouse or something else waking it up and see if wakes
    up that way! Just a thought.


    --
    krazyl

    [image:
     
  9. John Galt

    John Galt Guest

    dc_2009 <dc_2009.3xrp7c@DoNotSpam.com> wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    >Bump. Anyone else care to help?<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    "bump"ing is a worthless activity.

    You think you're on a "forum". Look around - see all the people whose
    number of posts in this and other threads say "n/a"? They do NOT use
    that forum. Their posts are leached from Microsoft Usenet servers,
    making that "forum" appear as if it has thousands of users.

    NONE of those people see the effects of your "bump". They only see
    the bump message.
     
  10. dc_2009

    dc_2009 Guest

  11. Verger

    Verger Guest

    On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 07:49:08 +0530, dc_2009
    <dc_2009.3xpm7c@DoNotSpam.com> sang the following hymns:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    >Ok I have a wierd problem. Usually people want to get their computer to
    >go to sleep or get their keyboard to wake up from sleep. Well my
    >problem is that all devices other than my keyboard are set NOT to wake
    >computer up from sleep but when I sleep my keyboard automatically wakes
    >it up.
    >
    >Can anyone help me figure out why my keyboard keeps waking up my
    >computer automatically. Its a Dell SK-8135. I just want to be able to
    >send my computer to sleep and wake it with the keyboard under normal
    >situations.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    I am no expert but I was thinking that in order to re-activate windows
    you need to have a minimum amount of voltage on your mainboard.
    Perhaps it is not the peripherals that are the trouble. You should
    check your bios settings and find the voltages and see if they can be
    set higher. Usually there is some margin there but you should not mess
    with it if you don't know exactly what u are doing.


    --

    Verger

    "What are we in time going by"-- Mountain ( For Yasgur's Farm)
     
  12. You apparently did not understand krazyl's suggestion.

    Set your computer to wake up on mouse or another item, then set it to
    NOT wakeup on keyboard.

    Now see if your computer wakes up by itself. If so, it was not the
    keyboard that was doing it. If not, you can now use the mouse to wake
    it up while you search for other solutions...

    Here's what dc_2009 wrote on 8/31/09:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > krazyl;4593449 Wrote: <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> Try changing to ur mouse or something else waking it up and see if wakes
    >> up that way! Just a thought.
    >>
    >>
    >> --
    >> krazyl
    >>
    >> [image: <!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colo... Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com
     

Share This Page