1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

change default save location on desktop

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by flash9286, Sep 2, 2009.

  1. flash9286

    flash9286 Guest

    Hello, is there in way in Vista to change the default location Vista saves a
    file when you tell it to save the file on the desktop. For example, when I
    download a file from the internet with IE or firefox and tell the broswer to
    save it to the desktop, the file always gets saved in the upper left part of
    the desktop. Is there anyway I can change this, so that anytime I save a
    file to the desktop it will be saved to say the bottom left of the desktop.
     
  2. flash9286 <flash9286@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >Hello, is there in way in Vista to change the default location Vista saves a
    >file when you tell it to save the file on the desktop. For example, when I
    >download a file from the internet with IE or firefox and tell the broswer to
    >save it to the desktop, the file always gets saved in the upper left part of
    >the desktop. Is there anyway I can change this, so that anytime I save a
    >file to the desktop it will be saved to say the bottom left of the desktop. <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    You are a moron. Vista knows that. Upper-right is where morons get
    their files saved when they choose to have them saved to the desktop.
     
  3. No way to change that behaviour that I know of, sorry.

    "flash9286" <flash9286@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:6E729005-A53A-4F77-B76E-7DA33E393916@microsoft.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Hello, is there in way in Vista to change the default location Vista saves
    > a
    > file when you tell it to save the file on the desktop. For example, when I
    > download a file from the internet with IE or firefox and tell the broswer
    > to
    > save it to the desktop, the file always gets saved in the upper left part
    > of
    > the desktop. Is there anyway I can change this, so that anytime I save a
    > file to the desktop it will be saved to say the bottom left of the
    > desktop. <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  4. "flash9286" <flash9286@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:6E729005-A53A-4F77-B76E-7DA33E393916@microsoft.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Hello, is there in way in Vista to change the default location Vista saves
    > a
    > file when you tell it to save the file on the desktop. For example, when I
    > download a file from the internet with IE or firefox and tell the broswer
    > to
    > save it to the desktop, the file always gets saved in the upper left part
    > of
    > the desktop. Is there anyway I can change this, so that anytime I save a
    > file to the desktop it will be saved to say the bottom left of the
    > desktop.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    You shouldn't really save any large files to the desktop as more resources
    will be required to keep it there. Create a folder on your C drive and point
    all saves to it..

    --

    Mike Hall - MVP Windows Experience
     

Share This Page