1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

can't view virtual tour???

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by lucsno, Sep 14, 2009.

  1. lucsno

    lucsno Guest

    I am operating Vista "Home Premium" 64 bit - & I cannot view virtual
    tours connected to "The princess Margaret Welcome home sweepstakes - Why
    is this & is there anything I can do to be able to view this.
    Appreciate any replies that can help
    lucsno


    --
    lucsno
     
  2. "lucsno" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
    news:01ad667cd2ed8cebde866d488b2fc7b7@nntp-gateway.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > I am operating Vista "Home Premium" 64 bit - & I cannot view virtual
    > tours connected to "The princess Margaret Welcome home sweepstakes - Why
    > is this & is there anything I can do to be able to view this.
    > Appreciate any replies that can help
    > lucsno
    >
    >
    > --
    > lucsno<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->



    Make certain you are running the 32 bit version of Internet Explorer. The 64
    bit version does not support Adobe Flash Player. Adobe is going to be coming
    out with a 64 bit version of flash soon (hold breath).

    --

    Richard Urban
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Desktop Experience
     
  3. lucsno

    lucsno Guest

    Thanks for the repy Richard - Do I have a choice to make my Internet
    explorer a 32 bit??
    lucsno


    --
    lucsno
     
  4. "lucsno" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
    news:e80c0f57ac7f9da45c942f7cda8c7112@nntp-gateway.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > Thanks for the repy Richard - Do I have a choice to make my Internet
    > explorer a 32 bit??
    > lucsno
    >
    >
    > --
    > lucsno<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->



    64 bit Internet Explorer is labeled as such in the start menu under all
    programs. Use the alternative one.

    --

    Richard Urban
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Desktop Experience
     
  5. lucsno

    lucsno Guest

    Tried that - but it didn't work??
    Thanks again for trying to help me
    Lucsno


    --
    lucsno
     
  6. lucsno

    lucsno Guest

    Well - I tried what you stated - & either Internet explorer - did not
    make it able for me to view the tour??
    But - I thank you again for your help.
    lucsno


    --
    lucsno
     
  7. R. C. White

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, lucsno.

    While in IE, click Help | About Internet Explorer and read the "Version"
    line. If it says "64-bit Edition", then you are running 64-bit IE. If it
    does not even mention "bitness", then you are running the 32-bit IE, even on
    64-bit Windows.

    The 32-bit version is set to run - by default. If something got changed,
    the 64-bit edition might be running.

    To be sure you have the right one, you can use the usual Windows methods:
    Browse in Computer to C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    and click on that. Not the "(x86)" in the pathname! That's where 64-bit
    Windows (including WinXP x64, Vista x64 and Win7 x64) keeps 32-bit
    applications The other Program Files folder - without the (x86) - is for
    64-bit applications.

    You can use the usual methods to pin 32-bit IE to the Start menu or the
    Taskbar or create a shortcut on your desktop, etc. To reduce the confusion
    a little more, you can right-click on the Start menu icon, choose Properties
    | General, and add "(32-bit)" to the end of the program name. Microsoft
    could have chosen from many ways to indicate 32-bit applications installed
    in 64-bit Windows; in my opinion, they chose a way that is VERY confusing to
    the user. :>(

    RC

    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX
    rc@grandecom.net
    Microsoft Windows MVP
    Windows Live Mail 2009 (14.0.8089.0726) in Win7 Ultimate x64

    "lucsno" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
    news:96349576dc164183a93cbb335ef46ad8@nntp-gateway.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > Well - I tried what you stated - & either Internet explorer - did not
    > make it able for me to view the tour??
    > But - I thank you again for your help.
    > lucsno <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     

Share This Page