1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't delete empty folder

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Valorie McLaughlin, Sep 11, 2009.

  1. Here's what Valorie McLaughlin wrote on 9/12/09:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > "Gene E. Bloch" <letters@someplace.invalid> wrote in message
    > news:u55$9AANKHA.3192@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> Here's what Valorie McLaughlin wrote on 9/12/09:<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>> "Gene E. Bloch" <letters@someplace.invalid> wrote in message
    >>> news:u0kj35yMKHA.3412@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
    >>>> Here's what Valorie McLaughlin wrote on 9/11/09:
    >>>>> "Jim" <bojimbo261@aol.com> wrote in message
    >>>>> news:q8tka5h5e8h6f2tq68teeturbaatiivgaj@4ax.com...
    >>>>>> On Fri, 11 Sep 2009 03:12:47 -0500, "Valorie McLaughlin"
    >>>>>> <ValMcL@invaid.com> wrote:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>>Can someone tell me how to get rid of an empty folder I can't delete?
    >>>>>>> It
    >>>>>>>says I *need permission* but I'm the admin and that aggravating safety
    >>>>>>> thing
    >>>>>>>in User Accounts is turned off anyway. Unlocker can't delete it
    >>>>>>> either.
    >>>>>>>Thanks for any help you can give.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> With Unlocker , tell it to delete at reboot ?
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>> This worked. Thank you for the suggestion.
    >>>>
    >>>>> To the others: I'm not familiar with the command prompt and have no idea
    >>>>> what a "parent directory" is but thank you also for your replies.
    >>>>
    >>>> Get a For Dummies or other beginners' book and learn a few things. If you
    >>>> are subject to insomnia you will get an extra benefit from some of those
    >>>> books :)<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>> >o) I have the books for W98, WXP and Vista. As I recall there was very
    >>> little in there about the command prompt. Since I have no need of it, I
    >>> never learned much about it.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >>
    >> I also have "Windows Vista in a Nutshell" (by Preston Gralla, O'Reilly
    >> Press), which is very oriented to the command prompt. OTOH, I have had
    >> questions where I often - but not always - failed to find the answer there
    >> :-(
    >>
    >> Besides, it's not easy reading, IMHO.
    >>
    >> I'm cheating, however. I have more than 30 years of experience in Unix
    >> shells, DOS, and Windows command lines, inter alia, so I probably(!) assume
    >> too much about others' interests.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! [​IMG]) I know what you mean. I started with W95 but mostly
    > just did email and some surfing. It's only lately that I have the time to do
    > more with my computer and learn more about it.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Suggestions:
    1. Don't stop learning
    2. Don't beat yourself up by insisting on a fast pace of learning

    :)
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>>> The above advice might not be suitable for you, of course, depending on
    >>>> your needs and interests...if so you can safely (well, maybe not
    >>>> *safely*) ignore it.
    >>>>
    >>>> -- Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com
    >>>>
    >>>><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >>
    >> -- Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com
    >>
    >> <!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    --
    Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com
     

Share This Page