1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Cannot open 'My Computer' or any 'Windows Explorer'

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by VICTORious, Sep 7, 2009.

  1. VICTORious

    VICTORious Guest

    My computer cannot open any of 'My Computer' Folders or any 'Windows
    Explorer' folder. It says that its Not Responding. Its worked before and
    everything else works fine. It just happened out of the blue. Is there
    anything I can do? Can anyone help me?:confused:


    --
    VICTORious
    Posted via
     
  2. "VICTORious" <VICTORious.3y594f@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
    message news:VICTORious.3y594f@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > My computer cannot open any of 'My Computer' Folders or any 'Windows
    > Explorer' folder. It says that its Not Responding. Its worked before and
    > everything else works fine. It just happened out of the blue. Is there
    > anything I can do? Can anyone help me?:confused:
    >
    >
    > --
    > VICTORious
    > Posted via
    ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    These things rarely happen 'out of the blue'. Have you tried starting the
    machine in SAFE mode?

    --

    Mike Hall - MVP Windows Experience
     
  3. Techfriend1

    Techfriend1 Guest

    Have you tried to start Windows in safe mode? Still no access? It could be a
    virus or spyware problem, run a full system scan.
    Paul
     
  4. VICTORious

    VICTORious Guest

    Hi. Thanks for your help. I tried it in safe mode and yes success! I
    opened 'My Computer' and it was all fine. But although it worked in safe
    mode I went back to normal mode (VISTA) and it still doesn't work. Is
    there anything else I could do?:confused:


    --
    VICTORious
    Posted via
     
  5. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    "Techfriend1" <prohrbaugh03@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    news:E5C823C7-F7A7-41C7-9ED4-289249D5F4CE@microsoft.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Have you tried to start Windows in safe mode? Still no access? It could be
    > a virus or spyware problem, run a full system scan.
    > Paul<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Please QUOTE the post you are replying to.




    Thank you.
     
  6. Mr.Pancks

    Mr.Pancks Guest

    >> Have you tried to start Windows in safe mode? Still no access? It could<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> be a virus or spyware problem, run a full system scan.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    If you write that ^^^ on a business card, you're a Windows Technician.

    It's them damn cookies.
     
  7. MLD

    MLD Guest

    "VICTORious" <VICTORious.3y5dc3@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
    message news:VICTORious.3y5dc3@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > Hi. Thanks for your help. I tried it in safe mode and yes success! I
    > opened 'My Computer' and it was all fine. But although it worked in safe
    > mode I went back to normal mode (VISTA) and it still doesn't work. Is
    > there anything else I could do?:confused:
    >
    >
    > --
    > VICTORious
    > Posted via
    ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    Have you tried a System Restore?
    MLD
     
  8. "VICTORious" <VICTORious.3y5dc3@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
    message news:VICTORious.3y5dc3@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > Hi. Thanks for your help. I tried it in safe mode and yes success! I
    > opened 'My Computer' and it was all fine. But although it worked in safe
    > mode I went back to normal mode (VISTA) and it still doesn't work. Is
    > there anything else I could do?:confused:
    >
    >
    > --
    > VICTORious
    > Posted via
    ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    OK.. go to this web page and follow the instructions on how to run a system
    restore..



    --

    Mike Hall - MVP Windows Experience
     
  9. VICTORious

    VICTORious Guest

    GEEZ THANX SOO MUCH!!! Im over the moon! It was all a success [​IMG] Thank
    you so much for your help. I really appreciate it!

    Thanks again [​IMG]

    Victor


    --
    VICTORious
    Posted via
     

Share This Page