1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Cannot make STR Sticky

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by bnmohan via WindowsKB.com, Jun 17, 2009.

  1. Hi!

    I have a DELL Dimension E-520 with C2D E4300. Vista Homw Premium SP1

    I read about sleep settings somewhere, and downloaded dumppo and checked
    MINSLEEP was S1
    I executed DUMPPO ADMIN /AC MINSLEEP=S3
    It reported
    NtPowerInformation failed with c0000022
    Admin policy overrides
    Min sleep state......: S3
    Max sleep state......: S4 - hibernate
    Min video timeout....: 0
    Max video timeout....: -1
    Min spindown timeout.: 0
    Max spindown timeout.: -1

    And on rerunning dumppo, minsleep was still S1

    Executed CMD as administrator, and then executed DUMPPO ADMIN /AC MINSLEEP=S3

    This time there was no failure, and dumppo reported MINSLEEP=S3 continuously
    afterwards

    However, this does not carry over reboots: MINSLEEP is back at S1 after
    reboot
    I checked my BIOS, and the default (and current) for SUSPEND is S3

    Any advice on how to make S3 Sticky?

    Mohan

    --
    Message posted via
     
  2. TickTock

    TickTock Guest

    I was able to make this at least have the appearance of being sticky by
    adding a task in the task manager that starts on every login to run the
    "dumppo admin minsleep=32" command. Gave it maximum rights (bring up the
    properties after creating a basic task).

    Now when I run "dumppo admin" after rebooting, it does show minsleep=s3.

    Unfortunately, this didn't fix my S3 problem (fans running when I put my
    media center to sleep) but I thought I'd share in case it solves someone
    elses problem.

    "bnmohan via WindowsKB.com" wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Hi!
    >
    > I have a DELL Dimension E-520 with C2D E4300. Vista Homw Premium SP1
    >
    > I read about sleep settings somewhere, and downloaded dumppo and checked
    > MINSLEEP was S1
    > I executed DUMPPO ADMIN /AC MINSLEEP=S3
    > It reported
    > NtPowerInformation failed with c0000022
    > Admin policy overrides
    > Min sleep state......: S3
    > Max sleep state......: S4 - hibernate
    > Min video timeout....: 0
    > Max video timeout....: -1
    > Min spindown timeout.: 0
    > Max spindown timeout.: -1
    >
    > And on rerunning dumppo, minsleep was still S1
    >
    > Executed CMD as administrator, and then executed DUMPPO ADMIN /AC MINSLEEP=S3
    >
    > This time there was no failure, and dumppo reported MINSLEEP=S3 continuously
    > afterwards
    >
    > However, this does not carry over reboots: MINSLEEP is back at S1 after
    > reboot
    > I checked my BIOS, and the default (and current) for SUSPEND is S3
    >
    > Any advice on how to make S3 Sticky?
    >
    > Mohan
    >
    > --
    > Message posted via
    >
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     

Share This Page