1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Cannot Get Into Safe Mode Or Boot Normally

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by iki080, Sep 8, 2009.

  1. iki080

    iki080 Guest

    Hey Guys

    I’m have a troubling issue with my computer as it is stuck on a cycle
    boot when it passes the windows loading screen and then it simply
    restarts and does a POST test again. I tried pushing F8 key and
    selecting all the options

    safe mode
    safe mode with command prompt
    safe mode with networking
    Go to last working configuration (advanced)
    Start Windows Normally ect....

    but as I selected safe mode all the windows emergency drivers are
    loading then the screen go black and repeats the same problem above. I
    don’t have a cdrom neither an fdd only a usb flash drive.

    I hope someone can help me on this and thank you for reading my thread


    --
    iki080
     
  2. Have you tried the mode that prevents an auto-restart on error?

    "iki080" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
    news:fbe48446f893a4bc7692f15fb5012edf@nntp-gateway.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > Hey Guys
    >
    > I'm have a troubling issue with my computer as it is stuck on a cycle
    > boot when it passes the windows loading screen and then it simply
    > restarts and does a POST test again. I tried pushing F8 key and
    > selecting all the options
    >
    > safe mode
    > safe mode with command prompt
    > safe mode with networking
    > Go to last working configuration (advanced)
    > Start Windows Normally ect....
    >
    > but as I selected safe mode all the windows emergency drivers are
    > loading then the screen go black and repeats the same problem above. I
    > don't have a cdrom neither an fdd only a usb flash drive.
    >
    > I hope someone can help me on this and thank you for reading my thread
    >
    >
    > --
    > iki080 <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  3. Sorry iki080, your options are:
    a) Restore from backup.
    [​IMG] Rebuild your computer using your manufacturers recovery procedures.
    c) Rebuild your computer using standard media
    d) Return your computer to your dealer for repair.
    e) Find a suitable service shop or friend or person to fix your computer.

    "iki080" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
    news:fbe48446f893a4bc7692f15fb5012edf@nntp-gateway.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > Hey Guys
    >
    > I'm have a troubling issue with my computer as it is stuck on a cycle
    > boot when it passes the windows loading screen and then it simply
    > restarts and does a POST test again. I tried pushing F8 key and
    > selecting all the options
    >
    > safe mode
    > safe mode with command prompt
    > safe mode with networking
    > Go to last working configuration (advanced)
    > Start Windows Normally ect....
    >
    > but as I selected safe mode all the windows emergency drivers are
    > loading then the screen go black and repeats the same problem above. I
    > don't have a cdrom neither an fdd only a usb flash drive.
    >
    > I hope someone can help me on this and thank you for reading my thread
    >
    >
    > --
    > iki080 <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  4. Seems like it would be difficult to change that setting since the OP
    can't get the system to start up in the first place...

    --
    Zaphod

    Vell, Zaphod's just zis guy, ya know? - Gag Halfrunt


    "Richard G. Harper" <rgharper@email.com> wrote in message
    news:056DE845-25E1-4205-A794-92A4FBB648B0@microsoft.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Have you tried the mode that prevents an auto-restart on error?
    >
    > "iki080" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
    > news:fbe48446f893a4bc7692f15fb5012edf@nntp-gateway.com...<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >>
    >> Hey Guys
    >>
    >> I'm have a troubling issue with my computer as it is stuck on a
    >> cycle
    >> boot when it passes the windows loading screen and then it simply
    >> restarts and does a POST test again. I tried pushing F8 key and
    >> selecting all the options
    >>
    >> safe mode
    >> safe mode with command prompt
    >> safe mode with networking
    >> Go to last working configuration (advanced)
    >> Start Windows Normally ect....
    >>
    >> but as I selected safe mode all the windows emergency drivers are
    >> loading then the screen go black and repeats the same problem
    >> above. I
    >> don't have a cdrom neither an fdd only a usb flash drive.
    >>
    >> I hope someone can help me on this and thank you for reading my
    >> thread
    >>
    >>
    >> --
    >> iki080<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  5. Jon

    Jon Guest

    "Zaphod Beeblebrox" <Zaphod.Arisztid.Beeblebrox@gmail.com> wrote in message
    news:h85hln$p11$1@news.eternal-september.org...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Seems like it would be difficult to change that setting since the OP can't
    > get the system to start up in the first place...
    ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->


    It's an option on the "tap f8 at startup" f8 advanced boot menu

    --
    Jon
     
  6. Naw, not really. You just select that option after the system reboots.
    It's on the troubleshooting boot menu.

    But thanks for playing the home game! :)

    "Zaphod Beeblebrox" <Zaphod.Arisztid.Beeblebrox@gmail.com> wrote in message
    news:h85hln$p11$1@news.eternal-september.org...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Seems like it would be difficult to change that setting since the OP can't
    > get the system to start up in the first place...
    >
    > --
    > Zaphod
    >
    > Vell, Zaphod's just zis guy, ya know? - Gag Halfrunt
    >
    >
    > "Richard G. Harper" <rgharper@email.com> wrote in message
    > news:056DE845-25E1-4205-A794-92A4FBB648B0@microsoft.com...<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> Have you tried the mode that prevents an auto-restart on error?
    >>
    >> "iki080" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
    >> news:fbe48446f893a4bc7692f15fb5012edf@nntp-gateway.com...<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>>
    >>> Hey Guys
    >>>
    >>> I'm have a troubling issue with my computer as it is stuck on a cycle
    >>> boot when it passes the windows loading screen and then it simply
    >>> restarts and does a POST test again. I tried pushing F8 key and
    >>> selecting all the options
    >>>
    >>> safe mode
    >>> safe mode with command prompt
    >>> safe mode with networking
    >>> Go to last working configuration (advanced)
    >>> Start Windows Normally ect....
    >>>
    >>> but as I selected safe mode all the windows emergency drivers are
    >>> loading then the screen go black and repeats the same problem above. I
    >>> don't have a cdrom neither an fdd only a usb flash drive.
    >>>
    >>> I hope someone can help me on this and thank you for reading my thread
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> iki080<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  7. Well whaddaya know, I'd never noticed that option before. Thanks for
    pointing out the nose that was plainly on my face.. :)

    --
    Zaphod

    Arthur Dent, speaking to Trillian about Zaphod:
    "So, two heads is what does it for a girl?"
    "...Anything else he's got two of?"

    "Richard G. Harper" <rgharper@email.com> wrote in message
    news:29DCF3A2-762C-4211-8566-C081435A1B43@microsoft.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > Naw, not really. You just select that option after the system
    > reboots. It's on the troubleshooting boot menu.
    >
    > But thanks for playing the home game! :)
    >
    > "Zaphod Beeblebrox" <Zaphod.Arisztid.Beeblebrox@gmail.com> wrote in
    > message news:h85hln$p11$1@news.eternal-september.org...<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> Seems like it would be difficult to change that setting since the
    >> OP can't get the system to start up in the first place...
    >>
    >> --
    >> Zaphod
    >>
    >> Vell, Zaphod's just zis guy, ya know? - Gag Halfrunt
    >>
    >>
    >> "Richard G. Harper" <rgharper@email.com> wrote in message
    >> news:056DE845-25E1-4205-A794-92A4FBB648B0@microsoft.com...<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>> Have you tried the mode that prevents an auto-restart on error?
    >>>
    >>> "iki080" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
    >>> news:fbe48446f893a4bc7692f15fb5012edf@nntp-gateway.com...
    >>>>
    >>>> Hey Guys
    >>>>
    >>>> I'm have a troubling issue with my computer as it is stuck on a
    >>>> cycle
    >>>> boot when it passes the windows loading screen and then it simply
    >>>> restarts and does a POST test again. I tried pushing F8 key and
    >>>> selecting all the options
    >>>>
    >>>> safe mode
    >>>> safe mode with command prompt
    >>>> safe mode with networking
    >>>> Go to last working configuration (advanced)
    >>>> Start Windows Normally ect....
    >>>>
    >>>> but as I selected safe mode all the windows emergency drivers are
    >>>> loading then the screen go black and repeats the same problem
    >>>> above. I
    >>>> don't have a cdrom neither an fdd only a usb flash drive.
    >>>>
    >>>> I hope someone can help me on this and thank you for reading my
    >>>> thread
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> --
    >>>> iki080
    >>><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >>
    >> <!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  8. Tae Song

    Tae Song Guest

    "iki080" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
    news:fbe48446f893a4bc7692f15fb5012edf@nntp-gateway.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > Hey Guys
    >
    > I'm have a troubling issue with my computer as it is stuck on a cycle
    > boot when it passes the windows loading screen and then it simply
    > restarts and does a POST test again. I tried pushing F8 key and
    > selecting all the options
    >
    > safe mode
    > safe mode with command prompt
    > safe mode with networking
    > Go to last working configuration (advanced)
    > Start Windows Normally ect....
    >
    > but as I selected safe mode all the windows emergency drivers are
    > loading then the screen go black and repeats the same problem above. I
    > don't have a cdrom neither an fdd only a usb flash drive.
    >
    > I hope someone can help me on this and thank you for reading my thread
    >
    >
    > --
    > iki080<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->


    Select Go to last working configuration (advanced)
     
  9. You are, of course, entirely welcome.

    "Zaphod Beeblebrox" <Zaphod.Arisztid.Beeblebrox@gmail.com> wrote in message
    news:h886ca$oj2$1@news.eternal-september.org...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Well whaddaya know, I'd never noticed that option before. Thanks for
    > pointing out the nose that was plainly on my face.. :)
    >
    > --
    > Zaphod
    >
    > Arthur Dent, speaking to Trillian about Zaphod:
    > "So, two heads is what does it for a girl?"
    > "...Anything else he's got two of?"
    >
    > "Richard G. Harper" <rgharper@email.com> wrote in message
    > news:29DCF3A2-762C-4211-8566-C081435A1B43@microsoft.com...<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >>
    >> Naw, not really. You just select that option after the system reboots.
    >> It's on the troubleshooting boot menu.
    >>
    >> But thanks for playing the home game! :)
    >>
    >> "Zaphod Beeblebrox" <Zaphod.Arisztid.Beeblebrox@gmail.com> wrote in
    >> message news:h85hln$p11$1@news.eternal-september.org...<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>> Seems like it would be difficult to change that setting since the OP
    >>> can't get the system to start up in the first place...
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Zaphod
    >>>
    >>> Vell, Zaphod's just zis guy, ya know? - Gag Halfrunt
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> "Richard G. Harper" <rgharper@email.com> wrote in message
    >>> news:056DE845-25E1-4205-A794-92A4FBB648B0@microsoft.com...
    >>>> Have you tried the mode that prevents an auto-restart on error?
    >>>>
    >>>> "iki080" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
    >>>> news:fbe48446f893a4bc7692f15fb5012edf@nntp-gateway.com...
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Hey Guys
    >>>>>
    >>>>> I'm have a troubling issue with my computer as it is stuck on a cycle
    >>>>> boot when it passes the windows loading screen and then it simply
    >>>>> restarts and does a POST test again. I tried pushing F8 key and
    >>>>> selecting all the options
    >>>>>
    >>>>> safe mode
    >>>>> safe mode with command prompt
    >>>>> safe mode with networking
    >>>>> Go to last working configuration (advanced)
    >>>>> Start Windows Normally ect....
    >>>>>
    >>>>> but as I selected safe mode all the windows emergency drivers are
    >>>>> loading then the screen go black and repeats the same problem above. I
    >>>>> don't have a cdrom neither an fdd only a usb flash drive.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> I hope someone can help me on this and thank you for reading my thread
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>> --
    >>>>> iki080
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>><!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     

Share This Page