1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Cannot access My documents with Vista 64

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Ritter197, Sep 14, 2009.

  1. Ritter197

    Ritter197 Guest

    I got Vista 64 a few weeks ago and all seemed OK and was (IthinK)
    But since yesterday I cannot open the file or folder rather, that contains
    my Documents.
    Location (C: drive) is not available. Access denied.

    I could before a few days ago always get to My Documents.

    What to do????


    __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4425 (20090914) __________

    The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

     
  2. lemur

    lemur Guest

    When you click on COMPUTER off the START button, what do you see listed
    under HARD DISK DRIVES? Do you see "local disk C:"? If yes, what
    happens if you click on that drive icon?

    Are you logged on as Administrator?

    I might have you look at your Event Viewer, but first let's see what
    you can see.


    --
    lemur

    Please click on rep icon if I've been of any help.
    Thanks!
     
  3. lemur

    lemur Guest

    Ritter197;1135535 Wrote: <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > I got Vista 64 a few weeks ago and all seemed OK and was (IthinK)
    > But since yesterday I cannot open the file or folder rather, that
    > contains
    > my Documents.
    > Location (C: drive) is not available. Access denied.
    >
    > I could before a few days ago always get to My Documents.
    >
    > What to do????
    >
    >
    > __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus
    > signature database 4425 (20090914) __________
    >
    > The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
    >
    > 'ESET - Antivirus Software with Spyware and Malware Protection'
    > ()<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->


    When you click on COMPUTER off the START button, what do you see listed
    under HARD DISK DRIVES? Do you see "local disk C:"? If yes, what happens
    if you click on that drive icon?

    Are you logged on as Administrator?

    I might have you look at your Event Viewer, but first let's see what
    you can see.


    --
    lemur

    Please click on rep icon if I've been of any help.
    Thanks!
     
  4. Ritter197

    Ritter197 Guest

    "lemur" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
    news:9921dc09817f8dd056092028de3fb02b@nntp-gateway.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > When you click on COMPUTER off the START button, what do you see listed
    > under HARD DISK DRIVES? Do you see "local disk C:"? If yes, what
    > happens if you click on that drive icon?
    >
    > Are you logged on as Administrator?
    >
    > I might have you look at your Event Viewer, but first let's see what
    > you can see.
    >
    >
    > --
    > lemur
    >
    > Please click on rep icon if I've been of any help.
    > Thanks!
    >
    > __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus
    > signature database 4425 (20090914) __________
    >
    > The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >I see all the drives including C: drive. When I clcik on it I see all the
    >folders and at My Documents a little blue mark.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->


    __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4425 (20090914) __________

    The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

     
  5. On 9/14/09, the entity Ritter197 wrote this:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > I got Vista 64 a few weeks ago and all seemed OK and was (IthinK)
    > But since yesterday I cannot open the file or folder rather, that contains my
    > Documents.
    > Location (C: drive) is not available. Access denied.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > I could before a few days ago always get to My Documents.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > What to do????<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature
    > database 4425 (20090914) __________<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Click on Documents, not My Documents.

    The latter is a special link that is available only to software that
    doesn't know the new name Documents for what used to be My Documents.

    --
    Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com
     

Share This Page