1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

BSOD after unplugging USB device

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by roy838, Aug 27, 2009.

  1. roy838

    roy838 Guest

    Hi,

    I was recently playing a game on my Windows Visa Home Premium 64-bit
    laptop with my joystick. After I was finished, I unplugged my joystick
    from the USB port, then within about 2-3 seconds, a BSOD comes up,
    saying that windows is being shut down and recommends that I check if I
    have sufficient memory (which I definitely do) and if a driver wasn't
    working, failing which it advised me to check for BIOS updates/upgrades.
    Then, within 6 seconds it restarts. I tried unplugging my USB mouse
    while the laptop was on this time, and the same thing occured. This is
    confusing to me as the joystick I use does not require a disc-installed
    driver prior to playing, it is a simple Logitech Attack 3 plug-and-play
    joystick and I've never had problems with unplugging hardware from USB
    ports until about 6 hours ago. Once the laptop restarted after the BSOD,
    it gives me the following details about the unexpected shutdown I just
    experienced:

    ---------------------------------------

    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 17417

    BCCode: 1000007e
    BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
    BCP2: FFFFF800021C9B81
    BCP3: FFFFFA60017FC798
    BCP4: FFFFFA60017FC170
    OS Version: 6_0_6001
    Service Pack: 1_0
    Product: 768_1

    Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini082709-15.dmp
    C:\Users\Roy\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-105737-0.sysdata.xml
    C:\Users\Roy\AppData\Local\Temp\WER80D2.tmp.version.txt

    ---------------------------------------------

    This is a Sony Vaio Vista 64-bit Home Premium laptop with 4GB RAM 320GB
    HDD and a nVidia GeForce 9300 GS video card. I have run anti-virus
    scans, results of which indicate no viruses, and I even ran a Memory
    Diagnostics Tool test, and it also found no problems.

    Would appreciate any help very much.

    Best Regards,

    Roy


    --
    roy838
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    roy838's Profile:
    View this thread:


     
  2. Peter Foldes

    Peter Foldes Guest

    Here is your starting point. Now it is up to you to debug your machine which is in
    front of you and not in front of us.

    and


    --
    Peter

    Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
    Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.

    "roy838" <roy838.3xkzja@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
    news:roy838.3xkzja@DoNotSpam.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > I was recently playing a game on my Windows Visa Home Premium 64-bit
    > laptop with my joystick. After I was finished, I unplugged my joystick
    > from the USB port, then within about 2-3 seconds, a BSOD comes up,
    > saying that windows is being shut down and recommends that I check if I
    > have sufficient memory (which I definitely do) and if a driver wasn't
    > working, failing which it advised me to check for BIOS updates/upgrades.
    > Then, within 6 seconds it restarts. I tried unplugging my USB mouse
    > while the laptop was on this time, and the same thing occured. This is
    > confusing to me as the joystick I use does not require a disc-installed
    > driver prior to playing, it is a simple Logitech Attack 3 plug-and-play
    > joystick and I've never had problems with unplugging hardware from USB
    > ports until about 6 hours ago. Once the laptop restarted after the BSOD,
    > it gives me the following details about the unexpected shutdown I just
    > experienced:
    >
    > ---------------------------------------
    >
    > Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    > OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
    > Locale ID: 17417
    >
    > BCCode: 1000007e
    > BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
    > BCP2: FFFFF800021C9B81
    > BCP3: FFFFFA60017FC798
    > BCP4: FFFFFA60017FC170
    > OS Version: 6_0_6001
    > Service Pack: 1_0
    > Product: 768_1
    >
    > Files that help describe the problem:
    > C:WindowsMinidumpMini082709-15.dmp
    > C:UsersRoyAppDataLocalTempWER-105737-0.sysdata.xml
    > C:UsersRoyAppDataLocalTempWER80D2.tmp.version.txt
    >
    > ---------------------------------------------
    >
    > This is a Sony Vaio Vista 64-bit Home Premium laptop with 4GB RAM 320GB
    > HDD and a nVidia GeForce 9300 GS video card. I have run anti-virus
    > scans, results of which indicate no viruses, and I even ran a Memory
    > Diagnostics Tool test, and it also found no problems.
    >
    > Would appreciate any help very much.
    >
    > Best Regards,
    >
    > Roy
    >
    >
    > --
    > roy838
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > roy838's Profile:

    > View this thread:

    >
    >

    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  3. Edaemus

    Edaemus Guest

    I just joined this forum because I am having the same problem it sounds
    like. I am using a Microsoft wireless usb mouse and after unplugging it
    I get a BSOD in just a few seconds.


    --
    Edaemus
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Edaemus's Profile:
    View this thread:


     
  4. undisclosed

    undisclosed Guest

  5. olfart

    olfart Guest

    "Edaemus" <Edaemus.3xl7vb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
    news:Edaemus.3xl7vb@DoNotSpam.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > I just joined this forum because I am having the same problem it sounds
    > like. I am using a Microsoft wireless usb mouse and after unplugging it
    > I get a BSOD in just a few seconds.
    >
    >
    > -- <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    then don't unplug it......or shut computer down first....wtf would you want
    to unplug it with the system running anyway???
     
  6. Dave-UK

    Dave-UK Guest

    "roy838" <roy838.3xkzja@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message news:roy838.3xkzja@DoNotSpam.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > I was recently playing a game on my Windows Visa Home Premium 64-bit
    > laptop with my joystick. After I was finished, I unplugged my joystick
    > from the USB port, then within about 2-3 seconds, a BSOD comes up,
    > saying that windows is being shut down and recommends that I check if I
    > have sufficient memory (which I definitely do) and if a driver wasn't
    > working, failing which it advised me to check for BIOS updates/upgrades.
    > Then, within 6 seconds it restarts. I tried unplugging my USB mouse
    > while the laptop was on this time, and the same thing occured. This is
    > confusing to me as the joystick I use does not require a disc-installed
    > driver prior to playing, it is a simple Logitech Attack 3 plug-and-play
    > joystick and I've never had problems with unplugging hardware from USB
    > ports until about 6 hours ago. Once the laptop restarted after the BSOD,
    > it gives me the following details about the unexpected shutdown I just
    > experienced:
    >
    > ---------------------------------------
    >
    > Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    > OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
    > Locale ID: 17417
    >
    > BCCode: 1000007e
    > BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
    > BCP2: FFFFF800021C9B81
    > BCP3: FFFFFA60017FC798
    > BCP4: FFFFFA60017FC170
    > OS Version: 6_0_6001
    > Service Pack: 1_0
    > Product: 768_1
    >
    > Files that help describe the problem:
    > C:WindowsMinidumpMini082709-15.dmp
    > C:UsersRoyAppDataLocalTempWER-105737-0.sysdata.xml
    > C:UsersRoyAppDataLocalTempWER80D2.tmp.version.txt
    >
    > ---------------------------------------------
    >
    > This is a Sony Vaio Vista 64-bit Home Premium laptop with 4GB RAM 320GB
    > HDD and a nVidia GeForce 9300 GS video card. I have run anti-virus
    > scans, results of which indicate no viruses, and I even ran a Memory
    > Diagnostics Tool test, and it also found no problems.
    >
    > Would appreciate any help very much.
    >
    > Best Regards,
    >
    > Roy
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->


    You may find this program useful , BlueScreenView.

    Quote from the website:

    BlueScreenView scans all your minidump files created during 'blue screen of death' crashes,
    and displays the information about all crashes in one table.
    For each crash, BlueScreenView displays the minidump filename, the date/time of the crash,
    the basic crash information displayed in the blue screen (Bug Check Code and 4 parameters),
    and the details of the driver or module that possibly caused the crash
    (filename, product name, file description, and file version).

     
  7. Edaemus

    Edaemus Guest

  8. gilesjp

    gilesjp Guest

    I'm getting the exact same problem with my laptop( t6400 dell inspiron
    1545).
    Everytime I unplug a usb port it gives BSOD.

    BCCode: 1000007e
    BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
    BCP2: FFFFF800023C8B81
    BCP3: FFFFFA601645D798
    BCP4: FFFFFA601645D170
    OS Version: 6_0_6001
    Service Pack: 1_0
    Product: 768_1

    The bluescreenview app gives me this:
    ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+264361 fffff800`02002000
    fffff800`02516000 0x00514000 0x4a67e1a0 7/23/2009 12:05:52 AM


    Hope you guys can help. Seems like with Vista everyone posts the same
    issues and there is never any resolutions.


    --
    gilesjp
     
  9. "gilesjp" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:871219e4136c4a9f63e3585fda2ac578@nntp-gateway.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > I'm getting the exact same problem with my laptop( t6400 dell inspiron
    > 1545).
    > Everytime I unplug a usb port it gives BSOD.
    >
    > BCCode: 1000007e
    > BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
    > BCP2: FFFFF800023C8B81
    > BCP3: FFFFFA601645D798
    > BCP4: FFFFFA601645D170
    > OS Version: 6_0_6001
    > Service Pack: 1_0
    > Product: 768_1
    >
    > The bluescreenview app gives me this:
    > ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+264361 fffff800`02002000
    > fffff800`02516000 0x00514000 0x4a67e1a0 7/23/2009 12:05:52 AM
    >
    >
    > Hope you guys can help. Seems like with Vista everyone posts the same
    > issues and there is never any resolutions.
    >
    >
    > --
    > gilesjp<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->


    Try removing all the Windows updates that came on Aug 25th.
    That solved the problem on my Dell.
    Now I am going to reinstall them one-by-one until I find the bad update.
     
  10. gilesjp

    gilesjp Guest

    OK guys try removing update KB973879, it is killing the dell usb drivers
    and may be doing the same thing with sony. The update went out 8-25-2009
    and made everything FUBAR. Uninstalling this has helped alot of people
    myself included.

    Richard in AZ;1124974 Wrote: <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > Try removing all the Windows updates that came on Aug 25th.
    > That solved the problem on my Dell.
    > Now I am going to reinstall them one-by-one until I find the bad
    > update.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    You are on the right track remove KB973879 and you should be good, it
    helped on my dell.
    Thanks for responding.


    --
    gilesjp
     
  11. pjr

    pjr Guest

    Guys, thanks so much, and particularly to you gilesjp. Removing
    KB973879 seems to have resolved the problem on my Dell Studio 15 laptop.
    Thanks again!


    --
    pjr
     
  12. Rutterkin

    Rutterkin Guest

    Hi everyone,

    Thanks for this information. I got a new PC last week and updated
    Windows as soon as I set the thing up. I then got the BSOD after trying
    to connect/disconnect my external hard drive. At first I thought it was
    a Dell problem, but apparently not. The moral of the tale is check a new
    system *before* applying any updates. Microsoft are'nt infallible.

    Deleting this update seems to have cured the problem.


    --
    Rutterkin
     
  13. Drake Hugo

    Drake Hugo Guest

    gilesjp;1547829 Wrote: <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > OK guys try removing update KB973879, it is killing the dell usb
    > drivers
    > and may be doing the same thing with sony. The update went out
    > 8-25-2009
    > and made everything FUBAR. Uninstalling this has helped alot of people
    > myself included.
    >
    > Richard in AZ;1124974 Wrote:<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    > >
    > > Try removing all the Windows updates that came on Aug 25th.
    > > That solved the problem on my Dell.
    > > Now I am going to reinstall them one-by-one until I find the bad
    > > update.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > You are on the right track remove KB973879 and you should be good, it
    > helped on my dell.
    > Thanks for responding.
    >
    >
    > --
    > gilesjp<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Hey guys. I have a dell studio 1555 running windows vista 64-bit home
    premium that has the same problem with the BSOD. So i tried to remove
    update KB973879 but every time i try to do that a little window pops up
    that says: "an error occurred. Not all the updates were removed." Any
    help would be greatly appreciated.


    --
    Drake Hugo
    Posted via
     

Share This Page