1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

BOOTMGR image is corrupt.

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by akatsuki, Sep 5, 2009.

  1. akatsuki

    akatsuki Guest

    My computer was working just fine yesterday and this morning but when I
    came back from work at night, it suddenly stopped booting up. I get this
    error message: "BOOTMGR image is corrupt. System cannot boot."

    I followed the instructions to make the recovery disk for the 64bit
    version of Vista but it doesn't seem to work. I boot my computer from
    CD/DVD and it says "Windows loading files" but right after the progress
    bar is complete for the loading, the system just restarts all over again
    and doesn't get me to Startup Repair.

    Can anyone please tell me what's happening? :cry:


    --
    akatsuki
     
  2. Mr.Pancks

    Mr.Pancks Guest

    "akatsuki" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
    news:d8013f3faf32734d04ae381147366378@nntp-gateway.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > My computer was working just fine yesterday and this morning but when I
    > came back from work at night, it suddenly stopped booting up. I get this
    > error message: "BOOTMGR image is corrupt. System cannot boot."
    >
    > I followed the instructions to make the recovery disk for the 64bit
    > version of Vista but it doesn't seem to work. I boot my computer from
    > CD/DVD and it says "Windows loading files" but right after the progress
    > bar is complete for the loading, the system just restarts all over again
    > and doesn't get me to Startup Repair.
    >
    > Can anyone please tell me what's happening? :cry:
    >
    ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    If you could borrow an actual Vista DVD, that would be the best bet.

    I don't think those "recovery disk" will even give you start up repair
    options.
    It will just put the OS back to an "as shipped" condition.
    You will lose your personal data.

    It could be restarting because you had a "bad burn" of the restore disk.
    Or, the corruption of the boot sector is so bad, it won't read the HD.

    If all else fails, and you can't get it repaired or re-installed, you could
    download a linux live-cd (fedora , ubuntu are 2)and use the partitioning
    tool (gparted) to format the entire drive, then try your recovery disk
    again.
    Or, you may find you like Linux, but probably not!
     
  3. Peter Foldes

    Peter Foldes Guest

    Boot your system with a Linux live distro like Knoppix or Ubuntu. .
    Once system is booted then save all your important Data and info and the reformat
    your Vista

    --
    Peter

    Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
    Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.

    "akatsuki" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
    news:d8013f3faf32734d04ae381147366378@nntp-gateway.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > My computer was working just fine yesterday and this morning but when I
    > came back from work at night, it suddenly stopped booting up. I get this
    > error message: "BOOTMGR image is corrupt. System cannot boot."
    >
    > I followed the instructions to make the recovery disk for the 64bit
    > version of Vista but it doesn't seem to work. I boot my computer from
    > CD/DVD and it says "Windows loading files" but right after the progress
    > bar is complete for the loading, the system just restarts all over again
    > and doesn't get me to Startup Repair.
    >
    > Can anyone please tell me what's happening? :cry:
    >
    >
    > --
    > akatsuki <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     

Share This Page