1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Bluetooth problem on Dell Vostro laptop

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Simon, Sep 8, 2009.

  1. Simon

    Simon Guest

    I've started to get some problems with bluetooth on my Dell Vostro
    laptop (running Vista Home Premium). Up until about 3 weeks ago my
    bluetooth mouse was working fine and I was able to connect to my phone
    via bluetooth. One day, the mouse stopped working and I wasn't able to
    reconnect through all the normal procedures. I initially thought it
    might be the mouse, so I got hold of another bluetooth mouse that is
    fine with my office XP computer. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled
    all the bluetooth software and drivers from the Dell website, but no
    success. There is no reaction from the laptop when I switch the mouse
    and click the little button to start discovery. When I try to initiate
    a connection from my phone, a message pops up on the laptop saying 'a
    device is trying to connect, please click on this message'. I click on
    the message, but nothing happens. Has anyone got any ideas as to what
    the problem might be?

    Thanks

    Simon
     
  2. Jim

    Jim Guest

    On Tue, 8 Sep 2009 05:38:06 -0700 (PDT), Simon
    <hancock_simon@hotmail.com> wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >I've started to get some problems with bluetooth on my Dell Vostro
    >laptop (running Vista Home Premium). Up until about 3 weeks ago my
    >bluetooth mouse was working fine and I was able to connect to my phone
    >via bluetooth. One day, the mouse stopped working and I wasn't able to
    >reconnect through all the normal procedures. I initially thought it
    >might be the mouse, so I got hold of another bluetooth mouse that is
    >fine with my office XP computer. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled
    >all the bluetooth software and drivers from the Dell website, but no
    >success. There is no reaction from the laptop when I switch the mouse
    >and click the little button to start discovery. When I try to initiate
    >a connection from my phone, a message pops up on the laptop saying 'a
    >device is trying to connect, please click on this message'. I click on
    >the message, but nothing happens. Has anyone got any ideas as to what
    >the problem might be?
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Simon<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Batteries ?
     
  3. Simon

    Simon Guest

    On 8 Sep, 15:20, Jim <bojimbo...@aol.com> wrote:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > On Tue, 8 Sep 2009 05:38:06 -0700 (PDT), Simon
    >
    >
    >
    > <hancock_si...@hotmail.com> wrote:<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    > >I've started to get some problems with bluetooth on my Dell Vostro
    > >laptop (running Vista Home Premium). Up until about 3 weeks ago my
    > >bluetooth mouse was working fine and I was able to connect to my phone
    > >via bluetooth. One day, the mouse stopped working and I wasn't able to
    > >reconnect through all the normal procedures. I initially thought it
    > >might be the mouse, so I got hold of another bluetooth mouse that is
    > >fine with my office XP computer. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled
    > >all the bluetooth software and drivers from the Dell website, but no
    > >success. There is no reaction from the laptop when I switch the mouse
    > >and click the little button to start discovery. When I try to initiate
    > >a connection from my phone, a message pops up on the laptop saying 'a
    > >device is trying to connect, please click on this message'. I click on
    > >the message, but nothing happens. Has anyone got any ideas as to what
    > >the problem might be?<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    > >Thanks<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    > >Simon<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > Batteries ?<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    No, not batteries. As I said, the mouse works fine on another computer.
     
  4. Simon

    Simon Guest

    On 8 Sep, 16:36, Simon <hancock_si...@hotmail.com> wrote:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > On 8 Sep, 15:20, Jim <bojimbo...@aol.com> wrote:
    >
    >
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    > > On Tue, 8 Sep 2009 05:38:06 -0700 (PDT), Simon<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    > > <hancock_si...@hotmail.com> wrote:<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > > >I've started to get some problems with bluetooth on my Dell Vostro
    > > >laptop (running Vista Home Premium). Up until about 3 weeks ago my
    > > >bluetooth mouse was working fine and I was able to connect to my phone
    > > >via bluetooth. One day, the mouse stopped working and I wasn't able to
    > > >reconnect through all the normal procedures. I initially thought it
    > > >might be the mouse, so I got hold of another bluetooth mouse that is
    > > >fine with my office XP computer. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled
    > > >all the bluetooth software and drivers from the Dell website, but no
    > > >success. There is no reaction from the laptop when I switch the mouse
    > > >and click the little button to start discovery. When I try to initiate
    > > >a connection from my phone, a message pops up on the laptop saying 'a
    > > >device is trying to connect, please click on this message'. I click on
    > > >the message, but nothing happens. Has anyone got any ideas as to what
    > > >the problem might be?<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > > >Thanks<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > > >Simon<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    > > Batteries ?<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > No, not batteries. As I said, the mouse works fine on another computer.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Also, I've discovered it's not the hardware. I put in a Linux Live CD
    and I was able to access the bluetooth adapter and use my mouse, so
    it's obviously some kind of software issue...
     
  5. Tae Song

    Tae Song Guest

    "Simon" <hancock_simon@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:4c7ce6d2-3fec-4b22-8bb9-7370bf94ee3f@g23g2000yqh.googlegroups.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > On 8 Sep, 16:36, Simon <hancock_si...@hotmail.com> wrote:<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> On 8 Sep, 15:20, Jim <bojimbo...@aol.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >> > On Tue, 8 Sep 2009 05:38:06 -0700 (PDT), Simon<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >> > <hancock_si...@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >> > >I've started to get some problems with bluetooth on my Dell Vostro
    >> > >laptop (running Vista Home Premium). Up until about 3 weeks ago my
    >> > >bluetooth mouse was working fine and I was able to connect to my phone
    >> > >via bluetooth. One day, the mouse stopped working and I wasn't able to
    >> > >reconnect through all the normal procedures. I initially thought it
    >> > >might be the mouse, so I got hold of another bluetooth mouse that is
    >> > >fine with my office XP computer. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled
    >> > >all the bluetooth software and drivers from the Dell website, but no
    >> > >success. There is no reaction from the laptop when I switch the mouse
    >> > >and click the little button to start discovery. When I try to initiate
    >> > >a connection from my phone, a message pops up on the laptop saying 'a
    >> > >device is trying to connect, please click on this message'. I click on
    >> > >the message, but nothing happens. Has anyone got any ideas as to what
    >> > >the problem might be?<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >> > >Thanks<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >> > >Simon<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >> > Batteries ?<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >>
    >> No, not batteries. As I said, the mouse works fine on another computer.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > Also, I've discovered it's not the hardware. I put in a Linux Live CD
    > and I was able to access the bluetooth adapter and use my mouse, so
    > it's obviously some kind of software issue...<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Try deleting the old pairing information and recreate the pairing.
     
  6. Simon

    Simon Guest

    On 9 Sep, 16:36, "Tae Song" <tae_s...@hotmail.com> wrote:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > "Simon" <hancock_si...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    > news:4c7ce6d2-3fec-4b22-8bb9-7370bf94ee3f@g23g2000yqh.googlegroups.com...
    >
    >
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    > > On 8 Sep, 16:36, Simon <hancock_si...@hotmail.com> wrote:<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > >> On 8 Sep, 15:20, Jim <bojimbo...@aol.com> wrote:<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > >> > On Tue, 8 Sep 2009 05:38:06 -0700 (PDT), Simon<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > >> > <hancock_si...@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > >> > >I've started to get some problems with bluetooth on my Dell Vostro
    > >> > >laptop (running Vista Home Premium). Up until about 3 weeks ago my
    > >> > >bluetooth mouse was working fine and I was able to connect to my phone
    > >> > >via bluetooth. One day, the mouse stopped working and I wasn't able to
    > >> > >reconnect through all the normal procedures. I initially thought it
    > >> > >might be the mouse, so I got hold of another bluetooth mouse that is
    > >> > >fine with my office XP computer. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled
    > >> > >all the bluetooth software and drivers from the Dell website, but no
    > >> > >success. There is no reaction from the laptop when I switch the mouse
    > >> > >and click the little button to start discovery. When I try to initiate
    > >> > >a connection from my phone, a message pops up on the laptop saying 'a
    > >> > >device is trying to connect, please click on this message'. I click on
    > >> > >the message, but nothing happens. Has anyone got any ideas as to what
    > >> > >the problem might be?<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > >> > >Thanks<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > >> > >Simon<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > >> > Batteries ?<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > >> No, not batteries. As I said, the mouse works fine on another computer.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    > > Also, I've discovered it's not the hardware. I put in a Linux Live CD
    > > and I was able to access the bluetooth adapter and use my mouse, so
    > > it's obviously some kind of software issue...<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > Try deleting the old pairing information and recreate the pairing.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    The old pairing information didn't show up on 'Bluetooth Devices'.
    After I reinstalled all the BT software there was no existing pairing
    info. I can't discover any new devices.
     

Share This Page