1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Autoplay

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by RENEE, Aug 23, 2009.

  1. RENEE

    RENEE Guest

    I want to have certain items open in a program that is not listed in the drop
    down box for that item. For example, for my Canon camera, I want it to open
    with zoombrowser and yet zoombrowser is not one of my choices. One other
    program wants to open with Omnipage version 14 - yet I have updated to
    version 17 and it does not show in the drop down box. How can I add
    programs. I am doing all this in the Autoplay portion of my Control Panel
    and have Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit. Thanks.
     
  2. Guest

  3. Dave-UK

    Dave-UK Guest

    "RENEE" <RENEE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2157F55-533D-4B86-BEE6-312BAE295B5C@microsoft.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > I want to have certain items open in a program that is not listed in the drop
    > down box for that item. For example, for my Canon camera, I want it to open
    > with zoombrowser and yet zoombrowser is not one of my choices. One other
    > program wants to open with Omnipage version 14 - yet I have updated to
    > version 17 and it does not show in the drop down box. How can I add
    > programs. I am doing all this in the Autoplay portion of my Control Panel
    > and have Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit. Thanks.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    The choice of programs in the Autoplay drop-down box is determined
    by the programs themselves. The relevant registry entries are written
    when the software is installed. You can't easily do it yourself.
    Check to see if there are any updates for the programs that
    you want to see in the drop-down box.
     
  4. Jim

    Jim Guest

    On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 17:23:01 -0700, RENEE
    <RENEE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >I want to have certain items open in a program that is not listed in the drop
    >down box for that item. For example, for my Canon camera, I want it to open
    >with zoombrowser and yet zoombrowser is not one of my choices. One other
    >program wants to open with Omnipage version 14 - yet I have updated to
    >version 17 and it does not show in the drop down box. How can I add
    >programs. I am doing all this in the Autoplay portion of my Control Panel
    >and have Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit. Thanks.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Right click , open with , .......( browse )
     
  5. Here's what Jim wrote on 8/24/09:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 17:23:01 -0700, RENEE
    > <RENEE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> I want to have certain items open in a program that is not listed in the
    >> drop down box for that item. For example, for my Canon camera, I want it
    >> to open with zoombrowser and yet zoombrowser is not one of my choices. One
    >> other program wants to open with Omnipage version 14 - yet I have updated
    >> to version 17 and it does not show in the drop down box. How can I add
    >> programs. I am doing all this in the Autoplay portion of my Control Panel
    >> and have Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit. Thanks.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Right click , open with , .......( browse )<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    And make sure that "Always open with this program is checked" - or not,
    if you only want to do it one time :)

    --
    Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com
     

Share This Page