1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

AutoPlay Issue; Most Unusual

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by denmarfl, Aug 26, 2009.

  1. denmarfl

    denmarfl Guest

    I Posted this previously; no solution as yet so I am posting it again....

    Running Vista Home Prem 32Bit

    Purchased a Portable Hard Drive. This portable HDD is Powered off the 2.0
    USB Port. The 1st time I connected the HDD to my PC, I saw Driver
    Installing...Driver Properly Installed. The AutoPlay Window opened...the one
    that provides selections, View Files, Etc. The AutoPlay Window only opened
    that 1 time, it no longer Opens when I connect the HDD. The HDD is running
    fine, I here the 2 Beeps when connecting, I can access the HDD thru My
    Computer, I can save and delete files...so it is working Fine.

    But since the 1st time, the AutoPlay Window no longer opens. I can connect
    a Thumb drive to the same Port and the AutoPlay Window Opens...so it is not
    the PC.

    I have contacted the HDD Tech Unit and Dell (Purchased and is being
    connected to a dell PC)...both units said the problem was with the OS since
    AutoPlay is a function of the OS. I explained, all other devices connected
    opens the AutoPlay Window...if it was an OS issue, AutoPlay would not open
    for any devices.....they were unable to provide any help.....

    Suggestions?
     
  2. Shankp

    Shankp Guest

    My suggestion is that check whether there a desktop.ini which is hidden in
    your hard disk drive root and this file may cause the problem.
    --
    Shankp

    "denmarfl" <denmarfl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:EC69BF8B-5D0A-44A7-A998-AB199D5919BE@microsoft.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >I Posted this previously; no solution as yet so I am posting it again....
    >
    > Running Vista Home Prem 32Bit
    >
    > Purchased a Portable Hard Drive. This portable HDD is Powered off the 2.0
    > USB Port. The 1st time I connected the HDD to my PC, I saw Driver
    > Installing...Driver Properly Installed. The AutoPlay Window opened...the
    > one
    > that provides selections, View Files, Etc. The AutoPlay Window only
    > opened
    > that 1 time, it no longer Opens when I connect the HDD. The HDD is
    > running
    > fine, I here the 2 Beeps when connecting, I can access the HDD thru My
    > Computer, I can save and delete files...so it is working Fine.
    >
    > But since the 1st time, the AutoPlay Window no longer opens. I can
    > connect
    > a Thumb drive to the same Port and the AutoPlay Window Opens...so it is
    > not
    > the PC.
    >
    > I have contacted the HDD Tech Unit and Dell (Purchased and is being
    > connected to a dell PC)...both units said the problem was with the OS
    > since
    > AutoPlay is a function of the OS. I explained, all other devices
    > connected
    > opens the AutoPlay Window...if it was an OS issue, AutoPlay would not open
    > for any devices.....they were unable to provide any help.....
    >
    > Suggestions?
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  3. Bill Daggett

    Bill Daggett Guest

    denmarfl <denmarfl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >I Posted this previously; no solution as yet so I am posting it again....<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    [snip]

    Starting a new thread is the DUMB thing to do. Nobody will know what
    possible solutions have already been recommended.

    You are wasting everyone's time.
     
  4. Here's what Bill Daggett wrote on 8/26/09:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > denmarfl <denmarfl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> I Posted this previously; no solution as yet so I am posting it again....<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > [snip]<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Starting a new thread is the DUMB thing to do. Nobody will know what
    > possible solutions have already been recommended.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > You are wasting everyone's time.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    His new thread makes me think that he has decided to ignore the advice
    already given (some of which was excellent, IIRC)...

    From which I am guessing that he will ignore any new or repeated advice
    in this thread.

    --
    Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com
     
  5. denmarfl

    denmarfl Guest

    Let me assure you...and everyone else, all advice has been followed.....but
    to date...none has resolved my issue.

    "Gene E. Bloch" wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Here's what Bill Daggett wrote on 8/26/09:<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    > > denmarfl <denmarfl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > >> I Posted this previously; no solution as yet so I am posting it again....<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    > > [snip]<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    > > Starting a new thread is the DUMB thing to do. Nobody will know what
    > > possible solutions have already been recommended.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    > > You are wasting everyone's time.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > His new thread makes me think that he has decided to ignore the advice
    > already given (some of which was excellent, IIRC)...
    >
    > From which I am guessing that he will ignore any new or repeated advice
    > in this thread.
    >
    > --
    > Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com
    >
    >
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  6. TenG

    TenG Guest

    On Sep 1, 9:34 pm, denmarfl <denma...@discussions.microsoft.com>
    wrote:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Let me assure you...and everyone else, all advice has been followed.....but
    > to date...none has resolved my issue.
    ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    You may want to check the following tools, perhaps they can help. I
    purchased from them in the past and was surprised to see that despite
    the amazingly low price they deliver what they claim:





    I hope this helps.

    George
     
  7. Here's what TenG wrote on 9/03/09:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > On Sep 1, 9:34 pm, denmarfl <denma...@discussions.microsoft.com>
    > wrote:<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> Let me assure you...and everyone else, all advice has been followed.....but
    >> to date...none has resolved my issue.
    >> <!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > You may want to check the following tools, perhaps they can help. I
    > purchased from them in the past and was surprised to see that despite
    > the amazingly low price they deliver what they claim:<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > <URL Suppressed><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > <URL Suppressed><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > I hope this helps.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > George<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    And why should I think this isn't spam?

    --
    Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com
     

Share This Page