1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

WTF - XP won't play my DRM'd DVD's

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Apr 17, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    Got on the train this morning and decided to finally watch a video my brother-in-law got me for Christmas.

    Unwrapped the DVD from its packaging, and put it in the rom tray of my laptop.

    Then I get a message from WMP:

    <b>Windows Media Player cannot play this DVD because there is a problem with digital copy protection between your DVD drive, decoder, and video card. Try installing an updated driver for your video card.

    </b>WTF kind of BS is this crap?

    I need a driver update? How is this possible when my drivers are newer than the video?

    The whole idea of needing updated video driver to watch a movie I own is irritating.

    Looks like I have version 6.14 of the NVidia drivers, they are the drivers that came with the laptop and seeing the laptop is only 3 weeks old; I would assume they were current.

    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:*



     

Share This Page