1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

WCF WSHttpBinding Security Mode ?

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, May 5, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    Just created my first WCF Windows Service and WPF Client connecting to it. The problem is its default SecurityMode is "Message" and they can't connect. If I use "BasicHttpBinding()" it works fine however it seems that I shouldn't use it. So instead I use "WSHttpBinding WSHB = new WSHttpBinding()" but I also do "WSHB.Security.Mode = SecurityMode.None;" ... Now, is this still somewhat secure and just without the NT login need or is it as unsecure as "BasicHttpBinding()" ? Thanks! [ Sorry my formatting gets lost in Opera ]



     

Share This Page