1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

WCF "Simple" security

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Apr 9, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    Hi,
    I am bit confused by some of the security options in WCF.

    Are WSHttpBinding messages encrypted by default?

    What is the simplest way to implement the following:
    Secure transport (https? or is there some inbuilt encryption mechanism for messages)
    Ensure integrity of message
    Pass username/password

    It is for an application that will be communicating over the internet to a web based service.

    I dont want to use any of that generating certificate stuff as it looks a pain to deploy.**It would be nice to give some kind of session token as well so we would not have to authenticate the user each time.

    I guess the most straight forward way is to use SSL and just pass a username, password into the service?

    Thanks,

    Alex



     

Share This Page