1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

VS2008 Team Suite (DBPro) on x64

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Apr 19, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    Ok, I'm at the end of my tether trying to make this work.

    I finally decided to move to Vista x64 and all was going well, installed SQL 2005 Developer x64 SP2, VS 2008 Team Suite and TFC and checked a project I was working on out and I get this error trying to open*the DB pro projects in the solution

    ---------------------------
    Microsoft Visual Studio
    ---------------------------
    An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.* When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)
    ---------------------------
    OK** Cancel**
    ---------------------------

    I've checked that I have TCP, Named Pipes etc all enabled, I've turned the firewall off, I made sure remote connections are enabled on SQL, I've turned UAC of (you never know) and nothing fixes it.*

    So I nstalled another machine and hit the same problem, so I went back to 32bit and followed the same steps and all worked.

    I have no problems connecting via SQL Manager, or via the sever manager in VS, just DBPro projects.

    Please someone out there tell me they know the answer to this! :s

    Thanks,

    Stephen.



     

Share This Page