1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

VS 2008 Start Options Bug

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Mar 31, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    In a VS C# 2008 project, I've found a problem with piping console output to a file.

    For example, in the project settings, debug tab, start options, and command line arguments:

    If I try to pipe to a file like this:

    ExamineSTPErrorLogs > report.txt

    which is something that worked in VS 2005, the report.txt" is showing as a parameter to the console application.

    But the expected behavior is that this should be piped to a file.

    If I would have used:

    ExamineSTPErrorLogs " report.txt


    I would expect " and "report" to be used as command line parameters.

    Is there some kind of hack so this can be made to work correctly?

    Otherwise I'll have to downgrade. Upmh!




     

Share This Page