1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Visual Studio 2008 / Project Control

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Apr 23, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    I do allot of programming both at Work and at home. I'm looking for a way I can I have one central location where all my Projects are located and can open them from Home and Work via the WAN.

    The home PC is the best place for this, since it's a desktop and is always on.

    I don't want something that takes tons of steps. Like Remote Desktop in, Download the project, make changes re-upload. I don't want to use a USB key because I'm forgetful and may not backup that key. I've lost these in the past and have also ran them through a washer and dryer destroying all data.

    I've tried sharing out Folders on the home PC and using port forward for the file sharing Windows uses. That just didn't work and I didn't expect it to.

    VPN is not an option, as work blocks those ports. Virtual Directory using IIS isn't an option because I believe [correct me if I'm wrong] that's read only. Plus how should it know where the other files are located?

    I don't need any type of locking scheme for files, as I'm the only developer.

    Any ideas would be great!!!

    Thanks and look forward to hearing some suggestions.




     

Share This Page