1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

vista sp1 victims count

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Apr 18, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    it's already 6 [​IMG]

    victim 1: pavilion dv6129 laptop, after installing SP1 the network card stopped working and the drivers, no matter what version I tried to install, wouldn't work anymore

    victim 2: packard bell x51 laptop, after installing SP1 the sound card stopped working (solved) but the battery is not recognized anymore

    victim 3: unknown brand pentium 4, after installing SP1 after every reboot the default printer is set to XPS printer, I deleted all the printers but the real one and then the reboot after there was no default printer and that in the default selected printer in print dialogs was empty

    victim 4: an olidata with an athlon x2 4800+, after installing SP1 at each reboot the system was losing for keyboard and mouse drivers (hid input device) but couldn't find them, no matter ho many times I copied the input.inf file in another folder and pointing the driver wizard to that

    victim 5: an asus pro57sn laptop, while installing SP1 it became stuck at the 2nd install stage, left it for an entire day and it didn't finish then I shut it down and now it BSODs while booting

    victim 6: acer gemstone 2920z, after installing SP1 it randomly tosses out error messages saying applications are not a valid win32 applications.

    somebody help me, it's real massacre [C]

    luckily I now have a clean vista sp1 install disc so I can format without having to wait all those the endless reboots to install sp1 again

    update:

    victim 7: a "dialogue technology" (it fights against olidata for the most unknown brand title) flybook, after installing SP1 the display shows vista booting but then it just stays black however you can hear the startup sound (video card driver issue?)




     

Share This Page