1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Vista 100% cpu usage spikes WLAN autoconfig?

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Apr 22, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    Hi all,
    I am having real difficulties with Vista Ultimate.


    Its such a POS.

    I am using*Vista SP1 running on an Acer Travel mate 8200 something or other. Damn I am so sick of this crappy os I am so close to going back to XP.

    Whenever you think its working fine you get yet another*problem.


    This is a fairly recent install
    I have the following installed on it:
    VS2008, VS2005, SQL developer edition, Adobe Fireworks, MS office 2007, Firefox and FTP voyager.
    I have ran anti virus scans etc
    Happens about 70% of the time after initial bootup immediatly
    I have turned indexing off
    I used sys internals process monitor to narrow this down to a service called WLAN autoconfig if I stop this it runs at about 50-60% cpu usage (which still seems high but at least is usuable)


    I looked this up and there is a setting you can click to turn off searching for better networks which can cause issues but this didnt seem to work for me.

    Any ideas or*shall I just junk this rubbish OS?

    Alex



     

Share This Page