1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

USB cannot read barcode scanner

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Apr 2, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    Hello everyone. I wish someone would take time to read and help me with my problem. You see, I have a barcode scanner. Now, the scanner that I have has a serial port. When I connect it to the serial port on my desktop, it is working fine. The problem is, I have to do the programming part in my laptop. My laptop does not have any serial ports, so I purchased a connector that will convert it to usb. I tested the connector in the desktop, all ps/2 devices (ex. mouse) works fine. But when it comes to the barcode scanner, the computer cannot read the device. Which is weird. It can read the device when I connect it to the serial port, but it does not read the device when I connect it to the USB via a connector or converter. [​IMG] Any ideas?




     

Share This Page