1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Updating SQL Database schema

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Mar 23, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    I have an application that already has a few versions out there.
    Often, when users request a new feature, it necessitates a few ne fields, or maybe a new table in the database.
    What would you guys suggest as the best way for me to update the schemas of the databases that are already out there?
    At the moment, I have a fairly big list of sql statements that I run in the setup file, one for each time I have updated the schema.
    Is there a better way to do this?




     

Share This Page