1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Trying to get a handle on .NET Framework Installations

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Apr 18, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    Hi,
    <div align='LEFT'>I have Windows Vista Ultimate and Visual Studio 2008 installed. I am just trying to get my head around all of the .NET Framework installations I see in my Add/Remove Control Panel. Here is what I have:
    <div align='LEFT'>MIcrosoft .NET 1.1 <div align='LEFT'>Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Hotfix <div align='LEFT'>Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 <div align='LEFT'>VIsual Studio 2008 (note: in installed this months *after* I installed the .NET 3.5 Framework) <div align='LEFT'>Where is .Net 2.0, 3.0? Where are the SDKs (the ones listed above are just the runtime distributables)? Didn't an SDK get installed when I installed Visual Studio 2008? There just seems gaps in my list of installed programs.
    Or is my list perfectly congruent with what would be expected?
    Thanks.




     

Share This Page