1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Triangle => Square

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Mar 21, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    Has anyone here experimented with modelling XML (or some reasonable subset of the XML Information Set) as SQL tables? I know there are support for XML in some databases, but for those that don't have support, how'd you do it? [Actually the underlying database does support it, but the application platform over it does not.] I'm thinking the simplest solution is to have a nodeId, a nodeParentId, a nodeName, a nodeType (att, elem, text, cdata, pi, comment, ...) a nodeValue and possibly some more (maybe XS types). Binary nodes could be encoded as BLOB and output as Base64 encoded text. However, if you had such a structure it would be very convenient to also have an XPath implementation to query over it. That would be the next problem...



     

Share This Page