1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Tri-state for TreeNodes checkbox

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Apr 4, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    There's something that would seem to me to be as common as mud in terms of*a typical*requirement in a*TreeView, but I can't see an simple answer.

    That is to have an "Indeterminate" (appearing shaded) state of a node's checkbox, like a CheckBox control's CheckState property equalling CheckState.Indeterminate.

    The obvious use for this is indicating whether some (but not all) child nodes are checked.* But since a TreeNode's Checked property is simply Boolean, I can't see a simple way of achieving this.*

    Am I missing something really obvious here?* By the way, talking Windows forms, not web controls.



     

Share This Page