1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Treat SQL Server's datetime value as UTC?

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Apr 30, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    I have a SQL Server DateTime* column in a table that I want to use AS a UTC DateTime value in .Net.

    For example:

    Table = Events
    Column = StartTime (datetime) = 4/31/2008 13:00:00

    ....

    and I want it to eventually become a UTC time of that exact value...

    of 4/31/2008 13:00:00...

    But ADO.net wants to use the the SQL server (or Web server) timezone when I do DateTime.ToUniversalTime()...

    I want the immune the app to the SQL Server / web server's timezone.

    I'm sure there's a way... but how?




     

Share This Page