1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

The Battle of the Installers

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Apr 25, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    Okay, someone straighten me out on this issue.* Every installer I've had to build, I built within Visual Studio. Through some politics I've blogged about but don't need to go into here, I got stuck on an InstallShield project.* I hate it. Further, now I'm coming under attack for defending Microsoft's product against IS.

    I know the VS installer does everything I need, but I feel I may need some more fuel if this issue escalates.* What's your favorite installer factory/package/system, and why?




     

Share This Page