1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Team Foundation Server 2008, SQL Server Standard 2005, Reporting Services + Sharepoin

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Apr 13, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    Hello,
    I managed to get Team Foundation Server working before once on Windows Server 2008 I think that only took me about 5 hours, but I had to re-install Windows and my God it's not having any of it now.
    Ok heres the problem:
    I've installed Team Foundation Server and Sql Server and Sharepoint. Cool, no problems there. Now*when I come to create a new team project I get a permission error about reporting services.*My server is called "SERVER" so when I type into IE or I get:
    *
    The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002) (rsRPCError) Get Online Help
    Online help says:
    *
    *
    Details
    ID: rsRPCError*********************************************
    Source: Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ErrorStrings*********************************************
    ***
    We're sorry
    There is no additional information about this issue in the Error and Event Log Messages or Knowledge Base databases at this time. You can use the links in the Support area to determine whether any additional information might be available elsewhere.*
    *
    So my reporting services is broken, ok fair enough i'll re-install it I come to Uninstall SQL Server 2005 now Windows Server 2008 tells me it's not installed and would I like to remove it from the add remote programs list? Ok so I can't uninstall sql server, sharepoint works and TFS works but I cant create a project till reporting services is working. So after 8 and 1/2 hours of trying to install it i'm wondering if anybody can tell me how to fix this? Or if I should get a refund on Server 2008 and go back to Server 2003?

    Any help would be great,

    Rob (Drinking from the bottle)




     

Share This Page