1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Strange network problem Vista

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Apr 27, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    Recently, my computer (running Vista Ultimate) does not discover my network (wired) sometimes when I start up my computer. I have to restart it a couple of times before it finally realizes it's connected to a network.

    In my event log, the only error message that's listed when this happens is:
    "Windows Firewall was unable to notify the user that it blocked an application from accepting incoming connections on the network." The "application" is lsass.exe according to event details.

    Now, the only thing I remember doing before all this happened was installing Albany (which came with Live OneCare). Immediately after, I started experiencing this problem. Since then, I've removed OneCare and the problem persists.

    Any ideas why I'm having this problem?

    I'm right now convinced it's a firewall issue, like an app trying to use the network before the Firewall is loaded, and Vista locking down network resources, but I'm not sure.



     

Share This Page