1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

SSIS DTS Package won't log in

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Apr 9, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    I have the following in my .dtsConfig file:
    ***
    *** *** Data Source=myPC\sqlInstance;Initial Catalog=QISUAT;Provider=SQLNCLI.1;User ID=user;Password=xxxyyyzzz123;
    ***

    But I keep getting this:
    Error: 2008-04-09 11:50:42.91
    ** Code: 0xC0202009
    ** Source: Package Connection manager "QIS"
    ** Description: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR.* An OLE DB error has occurred.
    *Error code: 0x80040E4D.
    An OLE DB record is available.* Source: "Microsoft SQL Native Client"* Hresult: 0x80040E4D* Description: "Login failed for user 'qisuser'.".
    End Error


    If I drop the connection string into a .UDL file, and test, it works fine. What am I missing?

    SQL 2005 dev is running on my system (myPC) and I'm running dtExec from my local command prompt.
    H:\>"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\Binn\DTExec.exe" /File C:\CSCQIS\ImportProcess\SSISPackages\RegistryInitialLoadPackage.dtsx /ConfigFile C:\CSCQIS\ImportProcess\SSISConfigFiles\RegistryInitialLoad.dtsConfig






     

Share This Page