1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Speedy!

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Apr 8, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    I finally got to upgrading my RAM and I've been looking around. First off, I've got a couple of questions...

    I'm looking at 2GB of OCZ PC2-4200 ram on eBuyer, for £30 delivered. It's got 4-4-4-12 latency. I also saw some OCZ Pro for £50 which has 3-3-3-12 latency. I was just wondering if there was a noticable difference? Also, the 3-3-3-12 RAM isn't quite right; my PCs RAM is rated at 1.8V, and the OCZ Pro is rated at 1.9V - how hard would that be to change, and would there be anything else involved?

    Otherwise, I'm just wondering if there's a massive difference between 2 and 4GB RAM? As in, noticably. I've noticed that lately when I've been running blend/word/corel/outlook at the same time... 1GB just isn't up to it! So it's definately time for an update.
     

Share This Page