1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Spam, the Final Solution

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Mar 31, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    I know there's been some strife in the C9 coffeehouse recently because of the new "report spam" functionality. I'm here to thank you all for your feedback, and to let you know that we are listening. Because the Coffeehouse is Channel 9.
    And listening is only half of the conversation; the other half is action. So, I am glad to be reporting that we have a solution to the spam question.
    Ultimately, my goal is to eliminate the scourge that is spam from then entirity of Channel 9. Following are the steps that we have implemented, and will be deploying within the days:
    To eliminate automated postings, we will introduce a CAPTCHA system to ensure that unwanted automated posts don't make it onto C9. Our CAPTCHA images come from decades of MS Research work, and have been used on a wide-ranging list of properties such as Hotmail and MSN Mail.

    For those who aren't familiar with CAPTCHA, it is usually an image that's very easy for people to break, yet impossible for programs to recognize. For example, in the following CAPTCHA, everyone will see the words "Channel 9", and they simply type that into a validation box when posting.

    Note: Our CAPTCHA's are case-sensitive.

    [​IMG]

    In fact, HumanCompiler has just finished with the new posting module, and I must say, it looks great!

    http://mnt.images.s3.amazonaws.com ew%20c9%20post.gif[/IMG]But automated spam is only a third ...ank View All Our Microsoft Related Feeds[url]
     

Share This Page