1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Sharepoint authentication problem - AD Issue?

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Apr 18, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    I've got a sharepoint 3.0 site running and have gone through all of the usual steps to get annonymous access running, with no luck.*

    W2k3 Ent, sql 2005 stand db

    I'm using windows authentication, on a domain/AD.*

    WSS is in a farm (one web, one db server at this point, both member servers).

    App pool is running under network service, but same issue if run under a domain account that is admin on all farm servers.

    Intranet zone users pass through/authenticate fine (url as machine name), but if using the ip, or the FQDN, users get prompted.

    Regardless of zone, kerbos, ntlm etc, I can not get annonymous access.

    I'm not an AD guy - is there an AD/Policy setting that would be preventing me from allowing Annonymous access?

    No problems allowing it for a standard website, just under WSS.

    I will eventually need to create a registration page and use a mssql db, but for now I'm simply trying to grant read/view.

    Thanks for the help - EZ



     

Share This Page