1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Server 2008 on MSDN - Volume Keys Only?

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Mar 25, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    SO when I go to request a key for Server 2008, it only gives me a volume license key for it.

    Ya, know how*it's one of those products at the very bottom of the page...

    So we can only use Volume licenses for Server 2008?

    How do I enter the license? The page talks about MAK files... can't I just enter the serial?

    <blockquote>.<b>MSDN wrote:</b><i>
    Volume License Key. To install specific licensed products you will need to use a Volume License Key (VLK). *This VLK is issued to your company for your exclusive use for each specific license purchase. *VLKs must be used with the appropriate Volume License media. *You agree to use your best efforts to keep a secure record of this product key including not disclosing this product key to any unauthorized third party.* You may see VLKs for older product versions; this is to support downgrade rights under the license agreement where customers can acquire the latest version of a product and use an older version.
    </i>[/quote]

    <b>??? :s</b>



     
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2014

Share This Page