1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Related to data filtering based on Date and Time in MSSQL 2K

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Apr 22, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    Hello Everyone!

    The table has a field "JobDate" as datetime datatype. This table has more than 1000 records. There is one stored procedure which takes the date & time as IN paramater and retrievs the data which match the criteria.

    The problem is... in the GUI the selection on the date is made by 3P datetime control which sets the textbox the date depending on the <b>logged in user's location's date time format</b> and we have some 15 formats... [​IMG]. So to make SP understand the format, I can't send the custom format as it is from the GUI into the SP and convert/cast the values inside the SP. No matter which format it is selected, I have to send one common format which SP understands irrespective of the logged-in user's location date/time format.

    My need is... how I can achieve this? How I can make it one common format inside the logic and get the data properly?





     

Share This Page