1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Refactor -> Rename "this"

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Apr 15, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    My name is a bit on the common side, there are 7 people in Wikipedia with my name already, so I need to make myself more unique so I'm more googleable (I know this can be undesirable in some circumstances, but I don't have any facebook profiles with drunken pictures on).

    As many of you know, my first name is the uninspiring "David", and whilst I'm English, my parents are Welsh and Irish respectivly. Going with the Welsh heritage side of things I was thinking of changing my first name to "" (<i>not</i> pronounced "Dewey" btw) which is a Welsh variant of David... and also the name of the dragon on , but that's just bonus points.

    I already call myself Dewi on messenger because people were complaining they had too many Davids, and I think the name's growing on me.

    Since it isn't an overreaching name change I don't need to fill out any legal forms or anything, I can start using it whenever I want.

    Do you think it's a good idea to alter your first name so it's more unique? And if you had the opportunity (and inclination) what would you change your name to?

    Difficulty: no "
    ".




     

Share This Page