1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Recommendations for .msi creation tool?

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Apr 10, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    Hi all,

    It's been a few years since I've had to use any tools to create .msi installations for projects I've worked on, but I now have an upcoming project where I'm going to have to dive back in to this.

    What are your recommendations for .msi installer creation tools these days?
    I used to use Wise (never got on with Installshield from 3 or 4 years ago - too many bugs), but I'm wondering if there are newer/better kids on the block now?
    My project needs something a little more powerful than vs.nets install tool provides, and clickonce isn't suitable for this particualar app.

    Basically, I'm looking at creating an installer that has 2 or 3 applications in it, offer up custom install options etc. Nothing too horrendous, but not default easy either. Oh, the apps are .net apps if that matters.

    Just interested in what people are using these days, before I go and dig out my really old copy of wise!

    Thanks!
    Richard.



     

Share This Page